Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crescent Bin Shed

Options
  • 03-03-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I am living in the Crescent and have noticed more and more that people not from the area using the bin shed for their own person waste disposal... Even though the bins are emptied 2 - 3 times a week, lately, the bins are full permanently! Yesterday was the last straw.. 2 cars (not from the crescent) pull up in convoy filled to the roof with waste and used our bin shed to dispose of their crap! I know some may reply saying 'why didn't you say something to them' My response is I am not confrontational. Management fees are 2k a year and a lot of it goes towards the bins. Wyse have a combination lock and anyone living in the crescent can give the code to friends and family to use ad-lib. Anyone have any idea as to how this can be stopped?? Changing the code will only be short term and am sick of this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

2k a year?? Is that for every house in charlesland? My advice is to get on to them and get them to start earning their money and come up with a solution for your bin problem

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"why didn't you say something to them?"

seriously - if you're sure they're not from the Crescent then you're in the right and they're in the wrong so what's the alternative, the management company can hardly hire security guards for the bin shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Were changing the code I'm the coming weeks pending a letter, were also investigating the possibiltiy of a padlock with lasercut keys so that copies can't be handyly made.

If you notice there cars please take down their registration and email it to thecrescentcharlesland@gmail.com and well look into it with the gardai as it is classified as illegal dumping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Hi all, just to note we've had to put a new lock on our bin shed and a new code because someone "stole" the last one.

anyone who's been abusing our bin shed may now eff off, we've also set up a cctv camera in one of the opposite apartments to monitor activity.

please whoever you are stop f*cking leaving your bin bags outside the shed and pay for your own bloody bins.

Advertisement