Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Laughs 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Looking through there, 3 maybe 4 shows are quite excellent that I'll be going to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Line-up announced next week! 9th March.

http://www.carlsbergcatlaughs.com

I can't wait! :D

Yeh, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I would like to see Stewart Lee so I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

One thing's for sure, I'll be avoiding anything in the Ormond. There doesn't appear to be a scrap of air conditioning in the place and it gets stiflingly hot in there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Firetrap wrote: »
    One thing's for sure, I'll be avoiding anything in the Ormond. There doesn't appear to be a scrap of air conditioning in the place and it gets stiflingly hot in there :mad:

Same could be said about langtons even the comedians where goin on about it last year. Cant wait for this year though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

They worked into their routines in the Ormond as well. Such a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Looks to be a good line up. Is it too late to apply to be a volunteer? What do over 18's volunteers do at the festival anyway? I had the LC last year and couldn't volunteer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Not alot they generally collect tickets and be gofers.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Looking through there, 3 maybe 4 shows are quite excellent that I'll be going to

The line up on the site at the moment is from last year! This year's line up is out tomorrow apparently.

Tarzan_man wrote: »
    Looks to be a good line up. Is it too late to apply to be a volunteer? What do over 18's volunteers do at the festival anyway? I had the LC last year and couldn't volunteer :(

It's deffo not too late. The box office isn't even open yet. It'll be a a few weeks yet.
    And yeah, basically taking tickets on the door, ushering people to make sure everyone gets a seat, helping clear up in between shows, maybe selling tickets on the door. It's handy enough, you get to see plenty of comedy and it's a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Just so you have them, as I posted over in the Humour forum - attached are the Venue Map, the planner and the programme for your viewing pleasure :)

Having volunteered two years now, I'll defo be making plans to go back this year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Looks good, I might fly over for it. Kevin Bridges, Andy Parsons, Dara O Briain, Des Bishop etc etc, good line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Firetrap wrote: »

Yep ridiculously hot went to the two shows I was at last year and for the first show they would not open the fire exit doors...whatever the hell that is about???

Also I’m not overly impressed with the line up...for one Maeve Higgins seems to be everywhere and she is fairly bland I don't know anyone who has seen her that says she was any good. Another annoyance is Dom Irrea...14 appearances surely is enough for anyone.

It's a great festival but it's seems it's all getting a bit stale...or is it just that you see too much of the comedians on the telly these days and it's reached saturation point????

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

They need someone bigger id say id like to see someone around lee eveans or someone like that.

For one of the biggest comady shows in the world they need bigger names.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Box Office is open from today.

Volunteer forms availabe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

There were a couple of shows that I really would have liked to have gone to, but they're sold out

Advertisement