Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car vandalised, what to do??

• 03-03-2010 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys,

Just want some feedback and opinions on a problem i have. My girlfriend lives in an area that is mostly council houses, and if i said the exact area would prompt most Dublin people to think KIP. Anyway, she doesn't have a driveway so i when i stay overnight, which is most weekends, i have to park in a common parking area about 60ft from her house, out of sight from her door. For the first year i had no problems, but in the past few months my car has been vandalised on 3 seperate occasions. They are bad scratches, almost dents. Now a couple of times i've seen 2 12yr old looking lads walking away from my car, which is suspicious as its a cul de sac. But without actually catching them in the act what can i do? Now i know its very easy to say kick the **** out of them, and believe me i'd love to, but where would it all end? They could easily come back any other night and smash up my car or hers, and i dont want to bring any hassle to her door. What would you do in my situation?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Short of sitting up watching and waiting all you can do is find somewhere else to leave the car or take the bus. If you found out who it was you could speak to parents etc but you're kinda stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Maybe you should have left their sister Sharon alone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

buy an old banger that you dont care if it gets scratched....(funnily enough, it probably wont get scratched....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Hi guys,

Just want some feedback and opinions on a problem i have. My girlfriend lives in an area that is mostly council houses, and if i said the exact area would prompt most Dublin people to think KIP. Anyway, she doesn't have a driveway so i when i stay overnight, which is most weekends, i have to park in a common parking area about 60ft from her house, out of sight from her door. For the first year i had no problems, but in the past few months my car has been vandalised on 3 seperate occasions. They are bad scratches, almost dents. Now a couple of times i've seen 2 12yr old looking lads walking away from my car, which is suspicious as its a cul de sac. But without actually catching them in the act what can i do? Now i know its very easy to say kick the **** out of them, and believe me i'd love to, but where would it all end? They could easily come back any other night and smash up my car or hers, and i dont want to bring any hassle to her door. What would you do in my situation?

Get a girlfriend from a nice area??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Same happened me years ago. Little cnuts got up onto the roof and destroyed the car.

Don't park that car there any more !! That's the only viable solution I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Buy a scooter and bring it into the house altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's sad when normal people must consider the bus because scumbags will key their car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Electrical current flowing across the body panels? Or at least on door handles.

I'm serious btw

Advertisement