Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

320D or 520D M type

• 03-03-2010 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Looking at cars in the last few weeks and have settled on one of the above.

2006 320D (not SE) 60K miles approx (16.5K Euro) or
    2005 520D M Sport 98K miles (16K euro)

Both excellent condition....

Thoughts as to which is the better option?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

The 06 320d (ES spec?) with lower mileage would be the wiser choice on paper but personally I'd prefer the 05 520d msport. It'd be a tough choice to make but would be up to your own personal preference at the end of the day.

Are they both the same engines? I think the 06 has the updated 177bhp engine, whereas 05 has 163bhp.. Update may only have come in 07 though, not sure but that could swing the decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Really depends what you are comfortable with. The 5 Series looks bigger from the outside but inside it is not a whole lot more spacious than the 3 Series. Equipement on the 3 Series (unless the original owner went mad with the options list) would be alot less than on the 5 Series.

Personally myself I prefer the look of the E60 to the E90. I think the E90 looks very bland in non M Sport form whereas the E60 in M Sport form looks a bit bling for my liking. So imo I would look for a 520d SE with decent options on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The 177bhp engine only came in late in 2007 (earlier in the 1-series), so they'll both be 163bhp. I'm with bazz26 on the MPack, it looks tacky and the ride is too harsh for a 2.0 diesel. I prefer the E90 to the E60, I found the larger car's interior a bit more plasticky. Either car really needs a lot spent on options to make it nice, i'd be looking for a well-specified SE auto.

Advertisement