Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who are going to cannes please read

Options
  • 03-03-2010 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

Just a few things.

I know we are all grown men and a lot of us are experienced travelers (i don`t mean gypos lol ) but it pays to be responsible and prepared when traveling abroad. I would like to take this time to ask for everybodys family contact details, ie at least one family member or partners telephone number just in case anything happens to one of us while we are away.

In case some of you may think this isnt needed, think again. Anything can happen when you travel to another country, I want us all to go to france and have a good time, but I also want us to be safe as well, so please take this serious as it would not be fun if anything were to happen to one of us while we are away.

You guys can email me your personal contact details at chunkis00@hotmail.com

Please do this immediately as i want everybodys details before we fly out on thursday.

Also here is a small check list for everybody before we leave, please have a look over it.

- Passports and money

- Ryanair boarding pass, please don`t forget this!!! Otherwise its an extra 40 quid each way!

- EasyJet same thing, make sure you guys have everything printed out.

- Contact the bank before you travel if you plan to use your bank card while your away

- If you are bringing toiletries please make sure that they are 100 mil or less, otherwise your gonna lose them when we go through security at the airport.

- For those of you who are not checking in bags and are bringing hand luggage don`t bring some massive bag with you, bring some kind of sports bag or rucksack, no hard cases! If you bring a hardcase you run he risk of it being too big and they will charge you 40 or 50 quid extra to check it in.

- Most of us are only going for 5 days or less, you don`t need a lot of stuff, only pack what you need. Cannes is going to be wet, so bring a jacket.

- Phone charges don`t forget them, its always good to have your phone when your travel as you never know when you might need it.

I think thats all the essentials.

Consoles, if somebody wants to bring a console bring it, as far as i know no recording is allowed inside the venue, so all recording will have to be done in the hotel rooms.

VERY IMPORTANT

Time keeping, please make sure you guys are on time tomorrow, plan your journey and make sure you know exactly how long its going to take to get to the airport, give an extra 30 minutes just in case. Don`t assume anything, be sure.

I suggest we all meet at mac donalds at 6.45am inside the airport, if people don`t make it to mac ds by 7am, head straight to the gate, its going to be between gates 64-67 thats departure gate C.

Anyway thats it, see you guys at the airport.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I endorse what Chunkis said particularly the first paragraph, best safe not sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Good thread idea man, sent you an email there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

One more thing lads.

Plug adapters.

If you don't have them, get them after check-in in the airport in the pharmacy to the left just after security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Consoles, if somebody wants to bring a console bring it, as far as i know no recording is allowed inside the venue, so all recording will have to be done in the hotel rooms.

:eek: nooooooooooo , i really wanna see what the place was like :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Cannes is going to be wet, so bring a jacket.

stinger, lads.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    stinger, lads.

Sun's supposed to come out Sat.

when we will all be stuck in a room playing video games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

yeah i looked at the 5 day forcast and it looks like rain for the first few days days, but we might get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sisko wrote: »
    :eek: nooooooooooo , i really wanna see what the place was like :(:(:(
    They're going to releasing HD streams so I imagine someone has exclusive rights to recording in the venue etc. I couldn't imagine this includes pics though and I'll definitely be bringing my cam with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Just wanted to add that travel insurance is a good idea too.For a single trip covering one person it's very cheap and should cover you for cancelled flights or anything else that could potentially go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Now I'm ****in HYPED! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The fact that Placebo isn't coming is what I like the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Jim wrote: »
    The fact that Placebo isn't coming is what I like the best.

Harsh.... Harsh but true.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Poor Farz!

Cannot ****ing wait for this now.

Just have to print off boarding passes and reservation details for the apartment.

Doom, did you get your passes printed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Jim wrote: »
    They're going to releasing HD streams so I imagine someone has exclusive rights to recording in the venue etc. I couldn't imagine this includes pics though and I'll definitely be bringing my cam with me!

Psssh I get it about the finals and all but really I'd just love to see footage from your guys perspectives, not just matches but capturing the atmosphere and so on. Also I demand someone shout 'rets ro rustin' at justin wong and capture it on camera.

Damn it I hate you all and wish I was going :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I don't know if any of you guys have flown with Ryanair recently but they have turned into real sticklers regarding cabin luggage and the weight of your luggage going in the hold. Like chunkis said, make sure you have a bag that is deformable. Ryanair seems to have a cabin luggage size that is below most other airlines. Those horrible little metal frames you have to fit your bag into are a joke, and they are now forcing you to check your bag size at the gate before they take your ticket.

Personally, I always wear a jacket with loads of pockets. If my carry on doesn't fit I just fill up my pockets with loads of stuff and then it will usually fit. As soon as I'm passed the gate I just put it all back in my bag.

Pro tip: I've noticed that when they are taking tickets at the gate, the person closest the metal frame for measuring your bag checks everyone, whereas the person on the other side just eyeballs your bag and guesses if it is acceptable. Always choose the line with the person that is guessing your bags size as they tend to let a lot more people through without hassle.

I'll bring my camera and try get some sneaky match footage to go with the photos.

Poor Farz!

Cannot ****ing wait for this now.

Just have to print off boarding passes and reservation details for the apartment.

Doom, did you get your passes printed off?

Yup, I am ready to rock agus roll and to Sonic doom france into oblivion.

Although I was suprised Easy jet don't have online log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you have internet capable phones don't forget to turn off roaming/data/etc or you may get a nasty shock when you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

But i have a pass here that i printed out of my email from easy jet? :eek:

Did i do something wrong?!

Also @Chunkis: Ill be getting a lift to the airport at 6am so ill be there. Ill be sitting at the tables to the right of obriens sammich bar.

Doom, easyjet definitely have online check-in and print your own boarding passes.

• Advertisement

Doom, easyjet definitely have online check-in and print your own boarding passes.

?

Check your mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Yup, I am ready to rock agus roll and to Sonic doom france into oblivion.

Although I was suprised Easy jet don't have online log in.

They do. I did mine anyway.

Ry wrote: »
    They do. I did mine anyway.

I got an email with a barcode which says this:

Please print and take this booking confirmation with you to the airport. It may speed up your check-in experience.

So I printed it off.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I don't know if any of you guys have flown with Ryanair recently but they have turned into real sticklers regarding cabin luggage and the weight of your luggage going in the hold. Like chunkis said, make sure you have a bag that is deformable. Ryanair seems to have a cabin luggage size that is below most other airlines. Those horrible little metal frames you have to fit your bag into are a joke, and they are now forcing you to check your bag size at the gate before they take your ticket.

Personally, I always wear a jacket with loads of pockets. If my carry on doesn't fit I just fill up my pockets with loads of stuff and then it will usually fit. As soon as I'm passed the gate I just put it all back in my bag.

Pro tip: I've noticed that when they are taking tickets at the gate, the person closest the metal frame for measuring your bag checks everyone, whereas the person on the other side just eyeballs your bag and guesses if it is acceptable. Always choose the line with the person that is guessing your bags size as they tend to let a lot more people through without hassle.

Yeah ive seen people pulled out of the line and made to pay $$$ just because the bag wont fit in the steal box, thats why i always travel with a sports bag so it bends and when my bag is too full and i know it wont fit in the box i throw my bag behind me so they can`t see how big it is lol, but your right about the two lines of people, it really depends the mood they are in, sometimes you don`t even get ryanair staff checking your boarding pass, its just dublin airport crew and they wont do anything because its only ryanair that enforces the luggage allowance restriction.

I generally think puting a bag in the hold is a bad idea as there is always a chance it can go missing, ive had bags go missing on me in the past and its not a nice feeling, thankfully ive got them back a few days later, but on short trips like this you don`t want your bag going missing, so my pro tip is never put your bag on the plane unless you really have to.

Guys guys....listen, you need to check in on the ryanair website, go to online check in and follow the steps. The email you got is nothing, you need to check in online through the website and print of your boarding pass from there.

Anyway i am going out now, things to do today, i hope you guys can work everything out, help each other and make sure everybody is on the same page.

later on

chunkis wrote: »
    Guys guys....listen, you need to check in on the ryanair website, go to online check in and follow the steps. The email you got is nothing, you need to check in online through the website and print of your boarding pass from there.

Anyway i am going out now, things to do today, i hope you guys can work everything out, help each other and make sure everybody is on the same page.

later on

We're not talking about Ryanair though.

I replied to your email Doom.

I replied to your email Doom.

Yeah, problem solved.

Yeah, problem solved.

Went to specsavers? ;)

• Advertisement