Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to Geneva Motor Show

• 03-03-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Heading to Geneva on Friday, has anyone here ever been to the show? Any tips? Is it crazy-expensive there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I'm going to be in Geneva, but not necessarily for the motor show. I might pop my head in, who knows.

Geneva is expensive for pretty much everything. If you are staying overnight, look for a hotel in Annemasse which is east just across the border in France, yet still only 5km away. The Palexpo is another 10 mins north of the city.

There is an ibis hotel, and F1 hotel there, around 45 euros a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I've been to the show in 08, really enjoyed it and would definitely go again. Admission into the palexpo is very cheap, Geneva isn't as overly expensive as some people make it out to be. I can't comment on accomodation though as I've family there so I was put up for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I'll be there tomorrow. No tips yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

JayeL wrote: »
    Any tips?

Yes.

Take plenty of photos and share them with us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

keefg wrote: »
    Yes.

And if you can get some with cars in the background all the better. :D

my747509041815.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

keefg wrote: »
    Yes.

I think all the various motoring websites will have that angle covered :p

One tip; It was quite warm inside the expo when I was there so you might wanna leave your thick coat behind or you'll be sweating walking around all the halls

Advertisement