Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The next phenomenon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

:rolleyes: Everyone knows Freddy Adu is the next big thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

16 me arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

No Iker Muniain will be next!

And that chap looks about 30^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Osu wrote: »
    No Iker Muniain will be next!

And that chap looks about 30^

If Football Manager has taught us anything, its that BOTH these guys will be stars.

Although Im sure Cherno Samba is registering right now to disagree with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Xavi6 wrote: »
    16 me arse

:pac: How ironic the music is; every few years he's 16 again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

http://www.totalbarca.com/tag/park-sheng-ho/
    Park Sheng Ho for the future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

As old as he looks i'd say its legitimate, since he was born and raised in Belgium. Don't normally come across those age discrepancies in Europe.

I'm always wary of players who are so physically developed that young though, as they usually boss around the youth teams on size alone and don't develop technique as well as they could. Would always prefer a smaller player who uses his technical ability to shine rather then size and grows at a normal rate instead. Having said that, his senior record is very impressive for a guy that young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Is Romelu Lukaku to be the next greatest striker?

FM certainly seems to think so.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

With his size, pace and ability, he's going to boss full grown adults too.

... and he was born in Antwerp in 1993. Belgium isn't exactly a third world country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Wonder what Drogba was like when he was 16?! Hopefully Ireland dont get Belguim in the next World cup qualifers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If that chap is 16 then what age is Obafemi Martins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm always wary of players who are so physically developed that young though, as they usually boss around the youth teams on size alone and don't develop technique as well as they could. Would always prefer a smaller player who uses his technical ability to shine rather then size and grows at a normal rate instead. Having said that, his senior record is very impressive for a guy that young.

Bojan Krkic would disagree. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol, I love the fact that because he's black, therefore his age must be in question. The guy was born in Belgium for crying out loud.

That is an unbelievable record for a kid that age in the Belgian first divison. Keep in mind, he's 16, so therefore likely to grow more. If he can maintain that form at all, he'll be at a top CL club by 20.

He's going to be capped tonight it seems aswell playing Croatia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Archimedez wrote: »
    If Football Manager has taught us anything, its that BOTH these guys will be stars.

Although Im sure Cherno Samba is registering right now to disagree with me...

Excellent :D

My scouts don't pick superstars out. Will they sign for Blackpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote: »
    lol, I love the fact that because he's black, therefore his age must be in question. The guy was born in Belgium for crying out loud.

No it'd because he looks 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lads, that's clearly Richie Partridge in make-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

16 me arse

How useful is this post? What do you hope to achieve by it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

I would rate it 7 in terms of usefulness, and 9 in terms of saying what everyone is thinking, so succinctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Anyone else sick of badly edited youtube videos about footballers?

Archimedez's Cantona video FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He was saying what we all were thinking :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I would rate it 7 in terms of usefulness, and 9 in terms of saying what everyone is thinking, so succinctly.

What, he's black he must be lying about his age?

He was born in Belgium. His dad was a professional footballer too. I'm sure some of his ex teammates would have popped up and told the Belgian football world if he was lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Lot of hilarious over reactions in this thread. He doesn't look 16 and to borderline accuse someone of being a racist for saying so is ludicrous. What was I doing wrong when I was 16 I have to ask myself.

Also that video is absolutely terrible...I watched it for 2 minutes and managed to see the many times that he skilfully came on as a sub and ran around for a bit, occasionally talking to Jesus.

Don't be offended OP, you didn't make the video. I remember being told that Graham Tomlinson was going to be the next big thing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

irish granny no?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

*tries to remember '16, my arse' comments about Rooney*

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He was saying what we all were thinking :p

I'm not sure you should be so proud of that.

Proud of what exactly? Thinking someone looks older than they are?

Are you insinuating that my comment was in some way racist?

I'd have said the same thing about Ravanelli twenty years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why not? What's wrong with thinking someone looks much, much older than they're supposed to be?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does anything happen in the clip? I had to switch off atter two minutes when the sub total of contribution had been him clumsily crossing a ball and clumsily crossing himself.

His Dad looks very young, funnily enough.

Are you insinuating that my comment was in some way racist?

No. But was it? You brought up the subject of race.........

The implication in the "he's only saying what we're thinking....." is that you believe for reasons unstated that he is not 16, that there is a deceit being perpetrated.

Maybe he's not 16, but the evidence being that he is puts the onus on you to describe why you don't believe it.

"16 me arse" is not in any way a contributory post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

16 me arse

The implication in the "he's only saying what we're thinking....." is that you believe for reasons unstated that he is not 16, that there is a deceit being perpetrated.

Maybe he's not 16, but the evidence being that he is puts the onus on you to describe why you don't believe it.

I'll be sure to add a detailed description to each post in future even if it is pretty self explanatory.

There have been questions about players' ages before (Martins' name is mentioned in this very thread). He looks way older than we are being told he is, and I commented on that. Just like people did in the transfers thread at the time Wigan signed that Honduran midfielder who looks about 60.

It was a joke, nothing more, but I'll keep it serious from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

What, he's black he must be lying about his age?

He was born in Belgium. His dad was a professional footballer too. I'm sure some of his ex teammates would have popped up and told the Belgian football world if he was lying.
    Yeah, we all remember when John Terry's mates came out and said he was sleeping around.. Oh wait.

Neither is 90% of the posts on this board. Who p'd in your coffee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Beast of a 16 year old.
    I believe he's 16 and I respect the views of those who don't, but some people do look a lot older than they are. I have often spent half an hour trying to convince people, sober and drunk that I'm 15, when they all think that I'm at least 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Carlo, sign him up, Carlo Carlo sign him up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

****ing hell.

We can be as stupidly PC as we want but the truth is Belgium is a country very well known for it's dodgy links with Africa, and it's well known in the football world that the easiest country in the EU to import young African Players is Belgium,

Now there has been a littany of high profile african players, who's age has been highly dubious at best.

In this case the PC guys are correct as he was born and bred in belgium, but to attack an off the cuff comment by Xavi, who I assume hasn't researched the player extensively is cheap, and plain useless posting.

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Yeah, we all remember when John Terry's mates came out and said he was sleeping around.. Oh wait.

?

I'm merely pointing out that as a former pro in the Belgian league the lads his dad would have played with would probably remember what season his kid had been born in.

And if he was lying, it would come out.

John Terry sleeping around has f all to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

?

I'm merely pointing out that as a former pro in the Belgian league the lads his dad would have played with would probably remember what season his kid had been born in.

And if he was lying, it would come out.

John Terry sleeping around has f all to do with it.

Do you remember what year your mates kids are born? Or how old they are? Cause I don't and I would say more people are in my boat, I doubt people would remember their work collegues ages. In fairness he is more than likely 16 but I am just pointing out that most team mates wouldn't say anything anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Well he was 15 in football manager last year, 16 in this years and i'm going to guess 17 in the one later this year....I'm also going to guess that a club like that didn't overlook his birth cert.

Some lads just develop early sure Rooney was only 16 and on 80 pounds a week when he ended Arsenals unbeaten run with Everton, people said the same then..

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Do you remember what year your mates kids are born? Or how old they are? Cause I don't and I would say more people are in my boat, I doubt people would remember their work collegues ages. In fairness he is more than likely 16 but I am just pointing out that most team mates wouldn't say anything anyway.

Only one of my mate's has a kid, so yeah, I do.

And I know what you mean about most mates not saying a word, but if it's your country v your mate, I'd say one or two out of a few dozen would go for the country. Just law of averages and all that ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ban for people crying "racism" imo :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I hope this forum isn't going to attack every non PC joke.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I hope this forum isn't going to attack every non PC joke.

Me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well he finished the season with 15 league goals in 30 games. Personally I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion as to just how good he is. His age is right though, he was born and raised in Belgium.

His younger brother Jordan is also apparently a superstar in the making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've only seen him play twice and that was in the Europa League. Caused a lot of problems across both legs, scoring 1 and setting up 1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

If that guys 16 then Kanu's 63.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

FearDark wrote: »
    If that guys 16 then Kanu's 63.

That joke is sooooooo March

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

16 me arse

Well he is 17 tomorrow.

He was born in Antwerp, so it's legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio