Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCP Wifi Download

• 03-03-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Get your Wifi router ready for download, there's a Pichu coming. Not just any Pichu, the P.C.P. (Pikachu Coloured Pichu) is coming.
    Spr_3e_172_s.gif

Mavel in his shinyness, be amazed at his knowledge of Endevor, and abuse him in HGSS to unlock Spiky-Eared Pichu.

Spr_4h_172N.png

Sort out you Wifi sharpish as you can only download his Wondercard from March 5th to 25th. You have been warned.

Straight from the Pichu's mouth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Schweet. Thanks for the heads up - I look forward to my email from Nintendo on March 26th to inform me of this great opportunity! (Although if the mail subject is all about an exciting PCP event I may have to explain myself to the workplace ethics committee, and frankly I'd prefer them to think I was taking angel dust than that I was training Pokémon).

Is this anything to do with the Notch Eared Pichu?

Edit : ooooh it works for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum rather than just platinum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

This has been bloody awful, my house wifi won't work with my DS and I can't get to the event... AAAGH!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's annoying for myself too when I have to get Wi-Fi stuff. First off, the wireless router in the house isn't for me, I connect straight into the wall. And second my Wi-Fi USB adapter only seems to want to work on my 32-bit laptop and not my 64-bit desktop. And it needs to be re-installed every time my IP address changes :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

it took me ages to set up the network when i last moved. There was so many devices like laptops, wii's xboxes etc that had to be catered for. One laptop wont find WPA, another wont find WPA2, xbox cant find one of them (cant remember which). Its working now so im not gonna mess with it. So i just connect a second router to the modem and thats set up just for WEP, gets me online on the ds no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

CianRyan wrote: »
    This has been bloody awful, my house wifi won't work with my DS and I can't get to the event... AAAGH!!
    Why not abuse wifi hotspots located in the colleges/schools/city center to log on and download the Wondercard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Just got mine, level 30. \o/

Why not abuse wifi hotspots located in the colleges/schools/city center to log on and download the Wondercard?

My college is a box. haha

Throw some hotspots at me, this is a serious idea and I'll be around town tomorrow! :D

My college is a box. haha

Throw some hotspots at me, this is a serious idea and I'll be around town tomorrow! :D
    I'm not certain of hotspots that take DSes (I use my home connection personally), but wander around the city center (and local libraries) with your DS in hunting down wifi mode, you'll find something eventually

I'll just make sure it's charged and carry it around every where.
    Que my girlfriend going mad at me. hahaha

Edit: I think I'm going to invest in a nintendo wifi usb connector. Any one know where to pick one up?

I thought those adapters were discontinued? Hopefully I'm wrong...

Got my 3 Pichus - was I just jinxed or do you always get a Jolly natured one?

BTW, since my Diamond worked it means that a US save written to a European retail cartridge *can* receive the gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Edit: I think I'm going to invest in a nintendo wifi usb connector. Any one know where to pick one up?

They were discontinued but I got mine on Amazon about two years ago.

Problem with them being discontinued is that there's no more support, and they have no plans to make it compatible with either Win 7 or any 64-bit OS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got 2 PCP's there this morning, one for Platinum and Pearl. Thank's for the reminder! I was also quite happy that they were at lv 30 instead of 5 or something.

Banjo wrote: »
    I thought those adapters were discontinued? Hopefully I'm wrong...

Got my 3 Pichus - was I just jinxed or do you always get a Jolly natured one?

BTW, since my Diamond worked it means that a US save written to a European retail cartridge *can* receive the gift.
    The Pichu is has a set nature (Jolly) and shinyness. My Pearl, one of my Diamonds and Platnium are all US copies and can all download both US and EU events. Handy :)

I take it the free everstone is to stop you getting carried away and evolving it to Pikachu before you get a chance to trade it to HG/SS so you don't miss out on your spikey eared Pichu? Such thoughtful chaps, those Pokédudes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

I got it on Friday. It's awesome ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Got mine yesterday, thanks for the heads up! :)

Advertisement