Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2FM, The Will Leahy Show. Just Annoying!!

• 03-03-2010 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am an avid listener to 2FM but unfortunatley I have to switch off everyday when the Will Leahy Show comes on! He totally wrecks my head. All he can talk about on Fridays is the WEEKEND, and now he has started talking about the WEEKEND on Thursdays. You will hear him on Thursdays saying, it's almost the WEEKEND. Get real Will!
    He needs to realise that not everybody is off work at the weekend!
    He is aiming his show at a particular audience, that of the 9-5pm, Monday-Friday workers.
    Also the jingle he keeps continously playing with the voice-over from the guy who done the voice-overs on X-Factor annoys me. It was mildly entertaining for the first week, but now it's just annoying. Talk about overplay!
    So now if i'm driving between 5-7pm, Monday-Friday, I tune into Lyric FM. A calm alternative to Will Leahy.

Comments

Moved from equestrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

The current show unfortuently doesent come close to his time at the Saturday show. In my opinion it was one of the best things on the radio at the time. Its hard to tell whether its a lack of preparation time or management policy or what but the same spark just hasent come across on the evening show.

Was at a gig he was DJ'ing in Waterford last night. He wasent too bad at all but had to chuckle when he said "2fm in the house" amongst the mix of tunes popular with the 'yoof' of today!It was more like Spin/Beat in the house considering there was no Michael Buble, Westlife or any 90's dodgy tunes in the mix. It's just a pity he can't be let loose in the same way while on the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Lots of them the Weekend thing. Damian Farrelly is the worst
    On Mondays its. : So tell me about your weekend, how did you get on, what did you do
    On Tuesdays its. : Only a few more days to the weekend again, seems like forever since last weekend, the week can just drag on.
    On Wednesdays its. : Yeah, we're half way there, only a couple more days to the weekend, any plans, what will you be getting up to
    On Thursdays its. : We're almost there, the weekend is nearly here, seems like it'll never get here, what will you be doing etc etc etc blah blah blah
    On Fridays its . : Its finally here, god i love fridays, the weekend and all, what will you be doing, send in a text now, let me know what you're up to for the weekend. blah blah blah blah blah.
    Shut up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Moved from equestrian

Ha ha! Unusual.

I agree with the OP, I really can't stomach Will Leahy.

Advertisement