Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6730- possible unlock?

• 03-03-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Well as the title suggest I am looking at purchasing the Nokia 6730 from vodafone due to the fact its your standard brick of a phone which has nice extras, however I am with o2, I dont really want to port over to vodafone as I am happy with the service o2 provide.

So my question is:

Can this phone be unlocked by the unlocking shops yet?

Secondly is it possbile to buy this phone unbranded here in Ireland?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

yes it can be unlocked fm mobiles candem street can unlock it they might be able to get it for you sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Thanks a million for that, you dont happen to know how much it would cost to get it unlocked FM Mobiles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I dont think they will be able to unlock this handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

6700 series are not unlockable yet.

6700 series are not unlockable yet.

which 6700 series the s40 v5 or s60 is not unlockable:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jimmynokia wrote: »
    which 6700 series the s40 v5 or s60 is not unlockable:cool:

Dunno. I have 2 chrome ones, 1 on Three and 1 on Meteor. Tried 2 unlocking chaps in Galway. No could do. Said it could be 2/3 months before a hack was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Dunno. I have 2 chrome ones, 1 on Three and 1 on Meteor. Tried 2 unlocking chaps in Galway. No could do. Said it could be 2/3 months before a hack was available.

I had a Vodaphone 6700 black and a Orange 6700 Chrome neither of them can be unlocked.

They have been trying to unlock these phones for the past couple of months with no success yet.

I wouldn't waste my money on a 6700 at the moment...

the 6700 is s40 v5
    the only s40 in 6700 series the resr are s60
    ring fm mobiles and ask

Advertisement