Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress for a wedding

• 03-03-2010 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

My boyfriends sister in law to be is getting married in the summer. She is a few years younger than me and has a lot of girl friends that will be at the wedding. Being one of my future in laws wedding I really want to wear something that is gorgeous but I really dont want to buy at Coast, Karen Millen, Warehouse, Oasis, Debenhams etc as I feel a lot of the brides friends will be shopping there.

Has anyone any ideas of websites etc? I looked on boohoo and the dresses seem quite casual and on modcloth everything is gorgeous but a little bit too young for me. (I'm 30)

I would wear something knee length or floor length, im small (5'3) and a size 10, small chest so nothing that would show off the girls :) And colour wise, since its a summer wedding, anything except for black

Thanks for helpin a gal out!!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My boyfriends sister in law to be is getting married in the summer. She is a few years younger than me and has a lot of girl friends that will be at the wedding. Being one of my future in laws wedding I really want to wear something that is gorgeous but I really dont want to buy at Coast, Karen Millen, Warehouse, Oasis, Debenhams etc as I feel a lot of the brides friends will be shopping there.

Has anyone any ideas of websites etc? I looked on boohoo and the dresses seem quite casual and on modcloth everything is gorgeous but a little bit too young for me. (I'm 30)

I would wear something knee length or floor length, im small (5'3) and a size 10, small chest so nothing that would show off the girls :) And colour wise, since its a summer wedding, anything except for black

Thanks for helpin a gal out!!!! :D

I don't know if you would take the chance but theres a great website called www.newyorkdress.com which has some GORGEOUS dresses. I've seen a few myself on it (have a wedding in June) but am nervous to buy off it in case they don't fit - but they have a measuring thing on the site so you can take your measurements before you buy. Having said that though it still might not be perfect fit plus you don't see it in the flesh before you buy it. And it's an american company so can't send it back (well they don't take returns as far as i know).

But the dresses are still stunning and they emphasise that they deliver to Ireland so obv someone here is buying from them!

Hope this helps!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I am getting one of these for a summer wedding coming up, love the campy rockabilly style! Some stuff on sale too at the minute (you'll have to know your measurements though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I bought a beautiful informal dress in the bridesmaids section of Alexanders Bridal on Parnell Street recently - may be worth a look while the sale is on. Alternatively online check www.asos.com, www.littlewoods.ie, www.oxendales.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

oh i love that vivien of holloway stuff. STUNNING! but I dont know if i could pull it off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Me neither, but it won't stop me from trying ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Dolorous wrote: »
    I am getting one of these for a summer wedding coming up, love the campy rockabilly style! Some stuff on sale too at the minute (you'll have to know your measurements though)

You are a life saver! Have a college ball and they stock the type of dress I have been looking for, Thank you! And also damn you as my credit card is about to take a bashing!

Advertisement