Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patricks Day Parades in North Kildare?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the details of the above parades for the towns in North Kildare, e.g. where they start from and what time, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was wondering if Maynooth has one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.maynooth.org/?p=1699

St. Patrick’s Day Maynooth Parade Information..
    March 17, 2009
    11:00 am

The Maynooth St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 11am on Monday 17th March.

Assembly takes place at Greenfield Shopping Centre, Straffan Road and the Parade proceeds past the Reviewing Stand at The Square and ends at TESCO Shopping Centre.

The Parade will be preceded by the IVCC group of Vintage Cars, some from 1922. The Vintage Cars will move off at 10.55 and the Parade proper will follow at 11am.

We will also have a 1950’s Fire Engine with Tom Cornally, Straffan in charge.

The Parade will have Support Company 65 Reserve Infantry Battalion as the Colour Party followed by the local St. Mary’s Brass and Reed Band.

The Fintan Lawlor Pipe Band (Sponsored by Thornton’s Recycling) and the Howth Pipe Band are also taking part as usual.

And this year we have a new Band taking part—The Dublin All Stars Marching Band
    PostCategoryIcon Posted in Cllr John McGinley Labour, Events

*edit*

umm so I jsut noticed it said 2009.
    Anyone have info for this eyar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Liffey Champion should say. I'm almost certain Maynooth have had one every year for ages, Celbridge has one too. Leixlip never had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I heard a rumour that the Celbridge Parade is not going ahead this year due to lack of funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The Maynooth St. Patrick's Day Parade begins at 11am on Wednesday 17th March.

It is organise by Maynooth Community Council and this is our 25th year to do so.

Assembly takes place at Greenfield Shopping Centre, Straffan Road and
    the Parade proceeds past the Reviewing Stand at The Square and ends at
    TESCO Shopping Centre.

The Parade will be preceded by the IVVCC Group of Vintage Cars, some
    from 1922.* The Vintage Cars will move off at 10.55 and the Parade
    proper will follow at 11am.

I attach the overall Parade Line up.* It is our Biggest Parade since
    the year 2000.

On behalf of The Organising Committee I would like to thank the
    Businesses of Maynooth for their Sponsorship.* Without their help we
    would not*be able to have a Parade.* We are particular thankful to
    Willie Kiernan and George O'Connor who give their time and equipment