Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALERT THEIVES OPERATING IN THIS AREA

Options
  • 03-03-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

13:00 hrs Saturday 27th Feb 2010

I was parked in the car park on Red Island in Skerries over the weekend and a car, two spaces down from me, was broken into by thieves. This all happened in the space of about 20 minutes. What amazed me was we were the only two cars that I noted there, when I parked up. We were across from the play ground on the right hand side, as you enter the two main car parks on the head.

This happened to my sisters’ car only a few months ago in the same place. On talking to the guy, whose car was broken into, he told me that this was the second time that he had been targeted. Speaking to others from the town this is a well known area for such activities.

It’s a pity that the Garda haven’t targeted the area themselves and or communicated the message to locals/ visitors that this is not the wisest place to park your car.

ALERT THEIVES OPERATING IN THIS AREA signs could easily have been erected in the area.

I believe that the damage caused to the car on trying to gain entry is what causes the greatest expense to repair because if they damage the lock, all four locks need replacing.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks for that. We often drive up there - it's such a beautiful spot. Cheeky thieves too, it's so open. Hope the guards start patrolling the area, it's a pity when people are put off visiting these places because of crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

At a meeting tonight and heard Rush was the target last night. Car stolen from outside house and the Alloy wheels, seat covers were taken from it and some wiring was ripped out. It was not a big fancy car but a Nissan Micra, the girls first car she worked hard for.

What did suprise me was the car was not set on fire. Stealing to order maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

na i reckon a micra is easy to steal. Depend son age. i reckon it was not set on fire because it was a rookie job. hence all the wires ripped out.

not an expert but i reckon it was that. not burning a car leaves tonnes of forensic evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Martron wrote: »
    na i reckon a micra is easy to steal. Depend son age. i reckon it was not set on fire because it was a rookie job. hence all the wires ripped out.

not an expert but i reckon it was that. not burning a car leaves tonnes of forensic evidence.

im not sure about the micra but most jap imports are apparently very easy to rob,due to the lack of car crime in japan!
    was the car taken away from the house?? it seems fairly pointless hotwiring a micra to rob the alloys of it,
    stolen to order cars tend to be more expensive and will be on a boat out of the country fairly soon after they are taken,
    as pointed out by matron there will be fingerprints all over that car, get the gardai onto it quick!

sorry matron i wasnt directing everything in that post at you!

Advertisement