Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOMS be Gone!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

FTA69 wrote: »
    Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to suscribe to your newsletter.

The times are posted up next to the gate, however the gaff's only open off-peak for periods an hour or two long. F*cking disgrace to be honest, considering nobody's hardly ever in the place. Your club would probably get to use it would they?

feck's sake! but sher if ya can plan around getting in at those times it'd be pretty sweet.

yeah we train in there 8-9pm tuesdays and thursdays, we've proper level 2 coaching and whatnot so it'd be well worth your time if you want to learn the oly lifts!

do you train with anyone at the minute actually? since fat L went back to limerick i'm training on my lonesome :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Parsley wrote: »
    feck's sake! but sher if ya can plan around getting in at those times it'd be pretty sweet.

yeah we train in there 8-9pm tuesdays and thursdays, we've proper level 2 coaching and whatnot so it'd be well worth your time if you want to learn the oly lifts!

do you train with anyone at the minute actually? since fat L went back to limerick i'm training on my lonesome :pac:

Oh good God, the DOMS of it all. Can't face the gym there now until tomorrow morning, took me nearly half an hour to sit on the jacks today.

I don't train with anyone lad, I only lift in the mornings usually if that suits you I wouldn't mind doing an auld session. That having been said, I said the same to L, the pair of ye would be of a much higher standard than myself like.

Oh good God, the DOMS of it all. Can't face the gym there now until tomorrow morning, took me nearly half an hour to sit on the jacks today.

I don't train with anyone lad, I only lift in the mornings usually if that suits you I wouldn't mind doing an auld session. That having been said, I said the same to L, the pair of ye would be of a much higher standard than myself like.

ah i've college 9-12 pretty much everyday, so i probly wouldn't be round...

ah i've college 9-12 pretty much everyday, so i probly wouldn't be round...

Well I work as a doorman in town so "mornings" for me are usually after lunch! Basically I aim to get in there before 4 because I stand the Mardyke when it's jammers.

Anyway,

Huzzah, finally starting to sweat again and get an appetite back.

Squats
    95kg 5 x 5

Grand, great cure for the crippling pain in my legs.

Overhead Press
    37.5kg 5 x 5

Did the military for the first four sets and then switched to the push press, no bother at all.

Deadlift
    105kg 1 x 5

Hard.

Pull-ups
    3 x 5

Grand session today, was half dehydrated from working all night and felt hungry as balls throughout, still, got the necessary done.

Squat
    97.5kg 5 x 5

Grand.

Bench Press
    67.5kg 5 x 5

Was delighted to get this done, nearly failed on the first set but managed to squeeze the rest out.

Elevated Inverted Rows
    1x9 1x7 1x6

• Advertisement

Broke my ankle. In a cast. If you see no further updates it is because I have thrown myself in the river.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Bad luck! That's ****. I put my back out a few weeks ago, first evening back with a light session. You'll be out a lot longer than that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Broke my ankle. In a cast. If you see no further updates it is because I have thrown myself in the river.

Ah boll#x!! Sorry to hear that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Broke my ankle. In a cast..

Sorry to hear that

Seated OH Press. 6 week intensive.
    Chins in the smith machine from a seat.
    Gansai load of arm work.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I agree with d'oracle. (wait, what?)

You have no excuse not to return with 27inch guns.

Get to it

• Advertisement

Ha ha, thanks lad. Will they leave me into the Mardyke on crutches I wonder? Also no door work for a month, boo urns. Pain and poverty, a winning combination.

Out of the cast, feeling much better. Gym tomorrow, starting from scratch again. Onwards to victory!

Grand session, decided to take it well handy because I haven't fully tested the ankle with exercise yet, plus after being off for a few weeks, drinking and eating sh*t I've to get back a bit of conditioning. I've put on a couple of pounds of fat and I'm feeling a bit lethargic. It's great to get back lifting again.

Squat
    80kg 5 x 5

Grand, pure light. I'll be dying tomorrow though.

Bench
    60kg 5 x 5

Not too testing but I need to build up a good bit more strength in this lift.

Elevated Inverted Row
    1x7 2x6

Went in yesterday evening, no problems with the ankle as of yet and I'm confident I should be moving up the weight in the next few weeks.

Squat
    82.5kg 5x5

Overhead Press
    35kg 5x5

Deadlift
    90kg 1x5

Pull-ups
    3x5

Happy out, ticking along now nicely.

Squat
    85kg 5x5

Bench Press
    62.5kg 5x5

Elevated Inverted Row
    1x8 1x7 1x6

Dacent session today, flew through the sets.

Squat
    87.5kg 5 x 5

Effortless.

Press
    37.5kg 5 x 5

Handy out, no need for a push press at all.

Deadlift
    95kg 1 x 5

Felt like an empty bar.

Pull-ups
    1x6 1x5 1x4

Huzzah, another session down, put on a pound in the past 10 days, delighted.

Squat
    90kg 5 x 5

Grand.

Bench Press
    65kg 5 x 5

Pretty brutal on the last set but accomplished nonetheless. Lack of sleep last night I'd say.

Inverted Row
    1x9 1x7 1x6

Just back from a week's holiday in the Netherlands, didn't do the dog too much on the drink so today's session was a doddle.

Squat
    92.5kg 5 x 5

Grand.

Press
    40kg 5 x 5

Tough on the last set but otherwise ok.

Pull-ups
    2x6 1x5

Deadlift
    97.5kg

Issues with the grip but the weight was manageable.

Bate, spent the afternoon delivering cast iron stoves and 25kg bags of grit; absolutely shagged. Straight into the gym after a bowl of porridge.

Squat
    95kg 5 x 5

Grand.

Bench Press
    67.5kg 3 x 5

Was ruined after this, barely made the last rep on the third set. Will revise.

Elevated Inverted Row
    1x8 2x7

Squat
    97.5kg 5 x 5

Press
    42.5kg 5 x 5

Deadlift
    100kg 1 x 5

Pull-ups
    3 x 6

Delighted, finally got my three sets of six!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Well done mate ^ ^. How long are you resting between chins? They do take a bit out of you. Saying that if you can complete 6 on the last set, you should be able to do more on the first, saying that that depends on how knackered you are after the deadlift. You could try the chins before the deads and see if it makes a difference.

Well done mate ^ ^. How long are you resting between chins? They do take a bit out of you. Saying that if you can complete 6 on the last set, you should be able to do more on the first, saying that that depends on how knackered you are after the deadlift. You could try the chins before the deads and see if it makes a difference.

I rest about a minute at most. I used to always do them before the deads and immediately after the presses, but I think my arms and shoulders were knackered and as such my pull-ups suffered. Doing the deads before them gives them more of a rest. I'll be adding reps progressively from now on anyway.

Whoop! Grand session, moving along nicely, a stone lighter than when I was doing stronglifts last year so still a lot of gains to be made.

Squat
    100kg 5 x 5

East out.

Bench
    67.5kg 5 x 5

Excruciating, my benching ability has gone down the p*sser.

Elevated Inverted Rows
    1 x 9 1 x 8 1 x7

First Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class. Tears and crying. Have mat burns on my back, face and ass. Got repeatedly submitted but also managed three of my own which I'm declaring an unqualified success.

Second class of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, we did various guillotines and escapes followed by an intensive guard passing drill. Nearly threw up. Great stuff.

Back to boxing. Training included stretching, laps (pause for a brief vomit), shadow boxing and drills of heavy bag work and skipping.

Monday 10/1/11

90 minute game of soccer, bouncers vs barstaff. We won a resounding victory, shame I can't move today though.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Warm-up run and stretches.

Push-ups, Sit-ups, Squats and Pull-ups.

Leg raises and guard passing drills.

Breaking the guard and passing.

Arm-bars and bicep crushes (vicious.)

Rolling.

Delighted with this, some sh*t is finally starting to make sense, managed to side-mount a blue belt a few times and got some cheeky buckaroo full-mounts.

where do you work? or would you prefer to stay anonymous? :pac:

• Advertisement

I'll send you a PM there lad

Advertisement