Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOMS be Gone!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Brazilian Jiu Jistu

Warm-up: Jogging, press-ups, ab circuit, bridging, stretching, roll-overs and neck bridges.

Technique: Escaping from turtle when opponent is kneeling in front of you and holding under your arms. Lock one elbow and roll sharply to the side to sweep into side control.

A similar sweep to the one above.

Escaping the Americana by bridging.

Rolling 2 x 6minute rounds.

Grand class, I'm loving the warm-up; it takes half an hour but my flexibility and neck strength is coming along great. Got mangled in rolling as per usual but hit a couple of sweeps and managed to escape from mount by keeping my hips busy and bridging.

The Fitness Wagon: How I Fell Off and Got Back On Again by FTA69

Right, where to begin. Was up to my arse in study for my final exams (got my degree, huzzah!) and fell by the wayside completely. Coming out of that period I was working all sorts of evening hours in my job; this coupled with general laziness and lack of disiprin led me to not doing a tap for two months. Even worse I went back to smoking ten fags a day, boozing and eating all manner of sh*t. Funnily enough I didn't balloon into a fat mess altogether, but my cardio is shot to bits, body fat has deffo increased and there has been a severe depreciation in any skill I've accrued over the past few months in martial arts - graphically illustrated by me getting spanked in sparring a few days ago.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to attend the BJJ gym anymore, and my boxing club has closed down for the summer. The only gaff I can attend now is the Muay Thai gym which also runs BJJ classes which I may attend once my carido isn't a giant mess. I'm moving to London in a couple of months, and I'll be living up the road from Roger Gracie's gym which I'll definitely sign up to. Onwards and upwards!

30/6/2011 - Muay Thai

Warm-up of jumping jacks and skipping

1 x 3 minute round of shadow boxing

1 x 3 minute round on pads

7 x 3 minute round on hook-and-uppercut bag

2 x 2 minute rounds of sparring

Got hammered to death, no defense whatsoever, pathetic. That having been said I was just too windy and too tired to hack it. Received massive black eye for my troubles.

1/7/2011 Muay Thai

Skipping warm-up

Circuit Training - 4 x 1 minute on the heavy bags, 1 minute each of - tricep dips, skipping, bicep curls, inverted rows, rope climb, box jumps, pressing a beer keg, squats.

5 rounds of the above - almost threw my ring.

6 x 3 minute rounds of pads.

Had to take a hiatus half way through, unfittest I've been in months.

Advertisement