Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powertools - cheapest ??

Options
  • 03-03-2010 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to get an 18v drill/driver & a circular saw for flooring the attic. Any pointers to the cheapest location to buy ?

TNX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

iMax wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to get an 18v drill/driver & a circular saw for flooring the attic. Any pointers to the cheapest location to buy ?

TNX

If your near a B & Q have a look there. They often have a deal on either a Makita or Dewalt cordless drill for around the €100-120 mark. Both are very good and will last you for many years. You can get cheaper but in my experience it's a false economy.

Should be able to pick up a cheaper circular saw there as well. Think i got a cheap one there before for around €30 and does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I'd hold out till after April, it's when they start to restock the 18v Makita + 101 piece kit,
    they normally sell for under €150, bought two in the last few years

Think I seen an 18v Makita with 2x 1.3mh batteries for around €120 over the weekend, an 18v hitachi as well

consider picking up one of those 500w hammer drills too for €15
    bought one a few years ago for rough work and it's still works perfect after at least 100 hours of abuse

Advertisement