Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will you be supporting this year?

• 03-03-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping Force India step up a gear this season and push the guys at the top like in Spa last year. Don't think the ban on refuelling will help them though.

Really hope Red Bull can stay up there and go for the title ... would love to see Webber or Vettel winning it.

Who will you be supporting this season? 63 votes

McLaren Mercedes (Hamilton/Button)
    0% 0 votes
    Mercedes GP (Schumacher/Rosberg)
    14% 9 votes
    Red Bull Racing (Webber/Vettel)
    30% 19 votes
    Scuderia Ferrari (Alonso/Massa)
    17% 11 votes
    Williams F1 (Barrichello/Hulkenberg)
    28% 18 votes
    Renault F1 Team (Kubica/Petrov)
    3% 2 votes
    Force India F1 Team (Sutil/Liuzzi)
    1% 1 vote
    Scuderia Toro Rosso (Buemi/Alguersuari)
    3% 2 votes
    Lotus Racing (Trulli/Kovalainen)
    0% 0 votes
    Hispania Racing F1 Team (Unnamed Driver/Senna)
    1% 1 vote
    USF1 (Lopez/Unnamed Driver)
    0% 0 votes
    Virgin Racing (Glock/di Grassi)
    0% 0 votes
    Sauber F1 Team (De la Rosa/Kobayashi)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

McLaren, same as always. Super team this year!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Ferrari. Like every other year.

Especially excited over Alonso's arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

McLaren for me, although I like quite a few of the teams and their new cars so I suppose I'd like to see quite a few do well (Ferrari, Red Bull, Williams).

I'd really like to see Virgin and Lotus do well and catch up to the established teams. I'd also like to see a Williams revival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

poll added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

It'll be the Merc team for me this year, always have been a Schumacher fan.
    Also have a soft spot for the red-bulls, I'd like to see Vettel do well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Not sure what it says about me, but I support drivers rather than teams ( although Ferrari will always be my favourite team).

So who will i be supoporting? Schumacher, of course, like i have being doing since i started watching F1 in '95. I also like Vettel and think that people underestimate his talents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

poll added

You might want to change USF1 to Stefan GP

smooch71 wrote: »
    You might want to change USF1 to Stefan GP

not just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd love to see Vettel win it. Hope Lotus and Virgin do well too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I don't really support teams anymore but would love to see the Mercedes being a competitive car just to see the old master put some of the newer guys to the sword. Would also really like to see the new teams pull a few surprises and not just be there making up the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Ferrari for me.
    I will also be keeping an eye an Schumacher and Merc although i like them less as Merc than last year as Brawn, if Schumacher wasn't there i probably wouldn't follow them.
    Red Bull down to earth and too likeable drivers
    Sauber now that bmw is gone!
    and probably Lotus, i like Mike Gascoyne and he usually talks to the commentators during the race and isn't afraid to give his opinion.
    I usually like to see the smaller teams do well, anyone thats punching above their weight at the back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

1- Schumacher
    2- Ferrari
    3- Red Bull Racing

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Red Bull down to earth and two likeable drivers
    QUOTE]

Exactly why I like them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

dsmythy wrote: »
    1- Schumacher
    2- Ferrari
    3- Red Bull Racing

What he said.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

USF1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭shamrock321

Always was and will be a Schumacher fan so no choice for me, but Ill also be supporting Force India, I wear my FI cap produly where-ever I go!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Williams for me. I've gained an appreciation for Willams the last year or so as I learnt more about them. I like the way they are just a pure racing squad not having to fret over board budgets or any of that nonsense. Frank Williams an inspirational guy too. I see a win for the Hulk this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Been a Ferrari fan all my life, this won't change. Even when I dislike the drivers/team. Though I do like Alonso, it's just a shame has has barely any personality. He only looks excited when compared to Kimi...

On a twisted level I do want Schumi to do well. He treated us Ferrari fans well over the years..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

1. Schumacher
    2. the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Schumacher - Merc
    But hoping Vettel will shine this year
    I miss Kimi this season :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Lotus, i like underdogs. Don't think they will do as well as Brawn last year, it's more about nostalgic reasons.
    And like the old days keep my fingers crossed every race hoping shumacher crashes out, i hated seeing him win almost every race in his ferrari years. He made f1 boring for me, though i think i'm the only one here with that feeling ;)
    For drivers i'm hoping Alonso will get his next title, at the same time i'm hoping he won't quit after that. He once said that he will stop racing when he has three titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

1. Schumacher - I have supported him for as long as i can remember so wont be changing that.
    2. Kobayashi - I was very impressed by his performance in the last 2 races, to come in and be straight on the pace, im hoping for more of the same this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Basically anybody but Ferrari, because they've been behaving like a bunch of over-dramatic, whining arseholes lately, hitting out at everyone, left, right and centre. Just today, Massa has had a go at the new teams for being 4 seconds a lap slower - as though it's a completely new phenomenon. He clearly needs some history lessons. Christ, I remember when Tyrrell, Minardi, Arrows, Forti, etc, would have loved to be only 4 seconds off the pace. Theoretically, the new teams should be easier to pass in qualifying than other recent backmarkers (who were only around a second down).

Usually, when Ferrari become vocal about (what they perceive as) the sport's problems, it's because they're having issues of their own. They have a bad habit of mistaking "Ferrari bad patches" for general "F1 bad patches". I wonder if they're secretly worried that they'll be outpaced by Red Bull, McLaren and Mercedes. They have a massively inflated view of their own importance to the sport. They forget that for much of the '80s they were all but invisible. Was the sport any poorer for it? I don't think so.

If I was to single out a team that I'd like to see doing well, it would probably be Williams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

Schumacher without doubt have been a fan since i was a child.

Will always have a soft spot for ferrari as they were ahuge part of schueys career and i hope things work out for alonso there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

1/ Schumacher,
    2/ Sauber team.

3/ Now I dont see button beating hamilton but just imagine the head on hamilton if he has some bad luck in the first few races & doesnt finish while button picks up some good points, I would support button for that reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

I'll use Murray Walkers answer when asked the same question " I love them all"

Woot, only a week to go:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭joesoap007

ferrari massa.dont like alonso.saying that i didn like schumy when he came to us,but 5 championships changed that..hope senna can show his skill he has plenty,i can only think were he would now only for ayrton death,ayrton senna once said .if you think i was fast wait till you see the boy.

forza ferrari massa 4 the championship:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Getting tired of Ferrari having a swipe at everyone so gonna go with

1. Schumacher
    2. Red Bull Racing (2 genuinely likeable drivers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Has to be the maestro Schumacher! I stopped watching when he retired as it was very much "the best of the rest" imo!

Can't wait for it to start:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

1. Alonso and therefor Ferrari I suppose though never particularly liked them.

2. Williams (cos they have the same name as me:D)

3. Kobyashi (sp?) cos he proved last year how much F1 needs a mental Japanese driver once again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tifosi 1

1: Ferrari (Massa and to a lesser extent Alonso)
    2: Schumacher (He's driving for the enemy but at least it's not a Mclaren)
    3: Vettel (He's just that damn good)
    4: The Hulk(Have followed his career since his A1gp days)
    5: New Korean track (Always love new tracks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

schumacher..... have done since day one...(august 1991).. when i was but a wee little girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

schumacher..... have done since day one...(august 1991).. when i was but a wee little girl.

I rem that wkend like it was yesterday, i was 9. i still have the autosport from the wk after that race somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Yeh , i used to get the autosport mag and the F1 news mag. i was addicted back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I tend to support drivers more than the teams. Although I like several of the teams and hope to see them do well.

I'm not a big fan of Alonso though. I think I liked him around 05 and 06 but the McLaren year sort of put me off him.

I suppose I'd like to see Hamilton win the title, however Button is so likeable that I want him to do well also. I prefer Massa than Alonso at Ferrari, and I like Vettel and Webber and that Red Bull car is nice also.

Would like to see Williams back up there, however Renault and Force India kind of bore me, even though I like Kubica's straight talking attitude. I hope Virgin and Lotus do well also. I think there's a lot of good will towards them. From the fans at least anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Ferrari, the same as always. I was a huge Schumi fan but I can't support someone who's driving another team. I would like to see Vettel do well too, so long as Ferrari win the championships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

I will be rooting for Jenson, admiring Alonso, and I have to support Ferrari, so that will be my season.

I think JB will be closer to Lewis than people think. esp cos of the tyre and fuelling regs.

I dont like Alonso, but i do have a a begrudging admiration for his talent, so Ill be watching him.

And of course Schumi, years and years ago I felt the same about him as I now do about Alonso... begrudging admiration.. :pac:

Advertisement