Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

going abroad with a commercial van

• 03-03-2010 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All
    Just have a quastion,maybe someone on the forum will know the answere.
    I have bought a commercial van(vw T4) and I'want to use it as a private car,for social & domestic ... is enyone to know how to do it?.also planing to go to europe with a my private stuff (tv,dvd,fredge,hoover.... etc ) should I worry, dos a customs or gardai has something to do with it ?
    really need to know the answers on them Q, had search latest posts and got bit confused
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

ordinarily you can't do this, especially with the type of vehicle that you mention. Although I am from the north so maybe the rules are slightly different up here. The only time I came across when this is permitted is when the commercial vehicle was more of the car van style, than the T4 you mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vwdriver

yes probably you right with it I'm more worried about travel abroad cos might get away with useing van for private
    anyway thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

regarding the trip i can't see you having any bother with customs unless its an outside EU country, such as some of the former soviet block ones

no is not soviet block is an EU country some one told me i might have trouble cos have a commercial insurance and i carry my own private stuff which is illigal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Is it on holidays your going and using the van to "live" out of? Ie like a camper van?

If so I don't see a problem.

• Advertisement

no is not a camper van , going on hollidays to my home country so I had an idea to get stuff i dont need up here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I know its not a camper! ;)

But all you have to say if stopped at customs etc is that you are on holidays and using to van to sleep in etc!

Advertisement