Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T150z Thermostatic

• 03-03-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

My trusty old Triton T80i has given up the ghost, so its time to replace it. I'm thinking of buying a Triton T150z Thermostatic. It seems to be broadly similar to my old T80i (mains fed, not pumped, 8.5 Kw heater).

However there's one difference I can't figure out. The old T80i had a power level control (cold, medium, high) AND a water temperature control. In summer I used to set the power level control to medium, because the water would be too hot otherwise.

Lots of the current crop of Triton showers have both controls, but the T150z has no power level control, only a water temperature control. I'm guessing that the "thermostatic" thingie allows finer control of the output temperature regardless of the water inlet temp (within reason) and so a separate power level control isn't required. Can anybody confirm that's true?

What I'm worried about is that in summer I wont be able to adjust it low enough, or vice-versa in winter, because it doesn't provide a power level control.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Nice shower. Just looked at it on triton.co.uk.

I see that it operates exactly like the T80 just thermostatic. Why dont you ring earthride in kildare and ask them if they sell many. They are the triton agents in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LightHugger

I decided to go ahead and buy this shower. Seems to work just fine, with a wide range of temp adjustment. Makes a slightly annoying beep when you turn it on & off, but I suppose I'll get used to that.

(BTW, I've no connection to Triton!)

Advertisement