Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D date setting - confusing!!

Options
  • 03-03-2010 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Ive a wierd/confusing problem with the date setting for the sun status in Autocad 3D (Full 2009), ive never seen this before and i think it might just be an glitch in the system.

when i pick a date out for the sun status say 11/03/2010

the system automatically changes it to 03/11/2010

so it reverses the date, but stays the same when its over the 13th or higher, as there is only 12 months...

i can just pick the reverse and let it correct its self,
    but surely it should just stay on the date i decide to use??

has anyone else come across this yet??

thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I imagine it's simply set to US date format.
    In the US they but the month first. As in March 9th 2010, as opposed the 9th of march.
    I'd work on getting it sort now, as you could make an error at a later date. If all else fails, I'd suggest using only dates for the 13th of the month onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Mellor wrote: »
    I imagine it's simply set to US date format.
    In the US they but the month first. As in March 9th 2010, as opposed the 9th of march.
    I'd work on getting it sort now, as you could make an error at a later date. If all else fails, I'd suggest using only dates for the 13th of the month onwards.

its not actually in us format, it changes the date itself..
    like i said before if i enter:

12/03/2010 in european format,
    it automatically changes it to 03/12/2010 to us format,
    it changes the icon on the screen where you drag the bar across to select a date.

its very wired! i tried it out on autocad 2010 and its working normal, i think its just a glitch in the 09 program..

i have been using dates from the 13th onwards, and ive looked on the autodesk site to for fixes and nothing has been mentioned so i think its probably a error picked up while installing or something... maybe a lisp routine is even changing it or something.. ive given up trying to fix it at this point! :)

Advertisement