Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a System

• 03-03-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am currently renovating a 4 bed semi and I am also getting it totally rewired. I know somebody in the music business who has offered me a few ceiling mounted speakers to set up a system. I already have a good Home Cinema system (Sony DAVX1-G) for the sitting room. I am on a very tight budget so I was thinking of starting with a basic combined Amp & tuner and CD player and an ipod dock. I spotted the TEAC AG790 Amp & Radio and the TEAC PDD2620 5 CD player on Richersounds website. The AG790 supports A&B switching so I could use it in the sitting room and kitchen area. These 2 work out at £280stg and then I can get a good deal on speakers and the house is currently being rewired.
    Is this system worth looking at or is there a better solution. I have 2 main living areas downstairs. The first is a big L shaped kitchen with a dining area and a small sitting area and the second is a large 25x14 Sitting/Dining Room.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

From buying separates years ago the one advice I can swear by is budget for cables especially speaker cables.

Buy the best you can afford and you could go down the second hand route by buying through ebay.

Best upgrade I had for my system.
    Use them for your main listening room and you hear the difference to the other rooms.

Advertisement