Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To get a Oxendales catologue

Options
  • 03-03-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to get a Oxendales catologue. I have phoned twice but they did'nt send it also send 3 Emails got replies but no catologue. 4 weeks have passed now. Do they still sell in Ireland?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hmm, did you use the 'Request Catalogue' functionality on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,544 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How long are you at your address? It is just possible that someone previously at that address did not pay for goods. We were getting bills for someone who had done a complicated manoevre involving our number, their name and a version of the estate/street name. Goods were delivered to the name, but then they left so final demands were delivered to our number. We got it sorted but we could easily have ended up with a black mark against our address.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Hi Dudara Thank you for reply.This is what I,ve been trying and do get a reply to my Emails but no catolouge. just sent another one now, but most likely it will be the same story.

Hi Looksee Thank you for your reply.No there was never any problem in the past as I,ve lived at this address a very long time,and had in the very distant past been a very good customer of Oxendales.
    It is even hard to find a address to contact them by post. Then kept waiting for a long time when I phone. VERY VERY BAD BAD customer service.Say they will send a catologue but don,t. Should I bother?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Woolyhat, you probably know this already, but I would recommend not using oxendales, their APR is 39.6%. Its very very high, at the end of the day, it will cost you a lot more than you think!

However in response to your original query ;)
    Give them a call on 01 8300800 and request a catalouge from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

cute_cow wrote: »
    Woolyhat, you probably know this already, but I would recommend not using oxendales, their APR is 39.6%. Its very very high, at the end of the day, it will cost you a lot more than you think!

you can pay by credit card when ordering though, that would stop you running up a bill with them. I buy from them and have got some lovely stuff.

Ironically OP, if you do set up an account with them, your postbox will soon be bulging with the amount of catalogues and leaflets and general cr@p that they send. They keep my recycling bin in business.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

GeturGun wrote: »
    you can pay by credit card when ordering though, that would stop you running up a bill with them. I buy from them and have got some lovely stuff.

Ironically OP, if you do set up an account with them, your postbox will soon be bulging with the amount of catalogues and leaflets and general cr@p that they send. They keep my recycling bin in business.

+1, I never use the credit facility, I pay for each thing as soon as I receive it. I'v actually emailed them and asked them to stop sending me catalogues etc, as I do all my shopping online, and seeing as I live in an apartment, one of their deliveries can nearly fill up my letter box!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why do you need a catalogue when everything is online? :confused:

Hi Thanks everyone I have tried that phone number twice I think they are more concerned how they soun on the phone than actualy trying to help.
    If I could order with my credit card that would be good,but can I operate without filling a form first?
    It was so simple before you could send off for a catologue from a advert in a book or paper now so hard to get a address or phone number. and when you do NO Response or follow up.
    Are they as bad sending out the orders?
    Thanks again Woolyhat

Why do you need a catalogue when everything is online? :confused:
    Hi I like to take the catalogue on my break at work it,s a quite time as at home seem not to get as much time.and I love to flick trough it
    Though looks like it will have to be the net.

Advertisement