Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm going to order arcade stick parts

Options
  • 03-03-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Right I've a standard madcatz stick, I wanna order 6 sanwa buttons. And a new stick.

My ultimate goal is to end up with a stick similar to terry's in that I use a PS1 pcb and converters. I already have a 360 converter so I need a ps3 one. I'm going to add custom art and I'm going to paint the whole thing too. I planned to do all this in one go but I dunno I just want those good buttons now.

So..while I know I want sanwa buttons and I already have an octo gate thanks to redman, I want to know what stick I should go for?

I think I'd like one that requires less movement for the inputs to register, which stick would that be?

Where should I order from? And where can I order a ps1 - ps3 converter thats lagless?

Cheers for any and all advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sisko wrote: »
    Right I've a standard madcatz stick, I wanna order 6 sanwa buttons. And a new stick.

My ultimate goal is to end up with a stick similar to terry's in that I use a PS1 pcb and converters. I already have a 360 converter so I need a ps3 one. I'm going to add custom art and I'm going to paint the whole thing too. I planned to do all this in one go but I dunno I just want those good buttons now.

So..while I know I want sanwa buttons and I already have an octo gate thanks to redman, I want to know what stick I should go for?

I think I'd like one that requires less movement for the inputs to register, which stick would that be?

Where should I order from? And where can I order a ps1 - ps3 converter thats lagless?

Cheers for any and all advice.

PM laugh on the srk forums and he'll sell you an InPin converter for the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Using paypal I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yep.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm also considering new buttons and a new stick. What could people suggest, I've no idea what to look for. Something that works well for piano-ing if there is such a thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Laugh has his own site now, you can get sanwa stuff from there too.

http://www.etokki.com/iNPiN%20PS2%20to%20PS3%20Converter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

It could be my imagination but the seimitsu that hmuya has seemed much tighter than the sanwa jlf in the Madcatz TE... you should try that if you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sisko wrote:
    Then you would want a Seimitsu stick: LS-55 (light spring) or LS-56 (heavy spring; my personal favourite).
    With an LS-octo gate (I have one of those in an unused stick if you want to buy it).

However, Terry's stick is actually a Sanwa JLF with GT-8-Y octo gate, and an extra LS-32 spring IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I could do with 8 buttons for an SE, how much will the be? How easy are they to put on? I'd be happy to fix up the fee plus costs with whoever's paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

imo it's a lot harder to do DPs and such in games with stricter inputs than SF4 using an LS-56

I haven't tested my LS-56 in 3S or ST much, but had no probs in HDRemix or BlazBlue IIRC.

• Advertisement

Ive got 8 used sanwa buttons if anyone wants em for nothing.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ive got 8 used sanwa buttons if anyone wants em for nothing.
    I'll take em!!

Ken B wrote: »
    I'll take em!!

Alright, ill bring em up to the next tournament. Whenever that is.

Laugh has his own site now, you can get sanwa stuff from there too.

http://www.etokki.com/iNPiN%20PS2%20to%20PS3%20Converter

Very handy, means I can get everything from the one site.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Then you would want a Seimitsu stick: LS-55 (light spring) or LS-56 (heavy spring; my personal favourite).
    With an LS-octo gate (I have one of those in an unused stick if you want to buy it).

However, Terry's stick is actually a Sanwa JLF with GT-8-Y octo gate, and an extra LS-32 spring IIRC.

Right so tighter means less movement needed to register? Also I'd need a different octo gate then the one I have for a seimitsu?

Bah I may just go full sanwa so, only seems to be sanwa parts on here :

http://www.etokki.com/ArcadeJoysticks

I generally mean "tighter" to mean "more force needed to engage" -- i.e. harder springs/microswitches in the stick.

hmmm no I'm wondering of theres something where I wouldnt need to move the stick so far in all directions for the input to register if you get me....

I dunno if there is something like that out there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sisko wrote: »
    hmmm no I'm wondering of theres something where I wouldnt need to move the stick so far in all directions for the input to register if you get me....

I dunno if there is something like that out there though.

AFAIK Seimetsu have a slightly smaller dead range then Sanwas and this is what your looking for. I read about it when I was deciding what stick to get for myself.

Disclaimer : This may not be true as it was not on official type document but was a player researched job.

I can tell from experience that Sanwa JLF octo INCREASES the throw distance (i.e. how far you can move the stick) for U/D/L/R, while LS-55/56 octo DECREASES the throw on diagonals (keeping UDLR the same as square).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Maybe you could try that with your old stick when you swap it??

Alright, ill bring em up to the next tournament. Whenever that is.
    Cheers Bush, it'll probably be U.C.D. at this rate...

• Advertisement

Right, I finally ordered all my stuff. All from that guy laughs website there.

Came to 50 euro.

8 sanwa buttons

a sanwa jlf-tp-8y-sk stick

and a ps2-ps3 converter.

Now all I gotta do is make some proper art work for it, my attempts so far have been horrible :o

Cheers lads for all the help. I reckon I'll try the mod in that vid there but I wont have a semitsu spring

I probably still have one or 2 spare ;)

Is the semitsu sping an important part of that mod yea reckon?

It's for players who don't like the sloppiness lightness of Sanwa JLF sticks (like myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Kiki can you get stronger springs again for the seimitsu stuff? Also I broke one of my buttons in a fit of not being able to figure out the frame lag against a really really dumb flowchart ken - must grab another if you've got one. If anything I'd nearly make the lot harder again?

I've got spare Sanwa microswitches - can install in 2mins; that one button will (possibly) feel a bit different though. Not majorly, mind.
    Also yeah, I'll check my stock of springs in a minute & edit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Got one of the basic se parts in there now and it ****s up a lot of my teleports - I'd say anything's an improvement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Can anyone tell me if i need the ps1 pcb to be able to play my xbox se on a playstation 3 with a converter??. is there anyway i can just get a straight up converter thats lagless or am i missing something here?? thanks.. Last tournament i liked the stick animax had with the converters, I've changed the sanwa buttons and stick, changed the square gate to octo too but id def like to get that converter setup. :)

Terry's stick (like one of my secondary sticks) is an empty SE shell with a PS1 PCB. He doesn't have the 360's PCB connected to anything.

For the converters, get them from eTokki.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

BanjoB wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if i need the ps1 pcb to be able to play my xbox se on a playstation 3 with a converter??. is there anyway i can just get a straight up converter thats lagless or am i missing something here?? thanks.. Last tournament i liked the stick animax had with the converters, I've changed the sanwa buttons and stick, changed the square gate to octo too but id def like to get that converter setup. :)

I've just finished adding one of these to my TE
    http://www.gamingnow.net/diy-circuit-boards-c-81_83/chimp

Works well, it auto detects if i'm plugging it into an xbox or PS3.

It goes require a bit of soldering to setup, but its worth it.

Now to do my SE and some namco sticks :)

Advertisement