Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm going to order arcade stick parts

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey Kommander Kiki, I'm hoping to finally get some decent buttons and a stick in my set up. I use the SE all stock parts at the moment and I'm not too pushed really about price.

I'd like a stick that is pretty loose and buttons which would go down kinda easy (yes yes, lol "go down" etc.) as the piano technique is a very important part of my game. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

sanwa JLF sanwa buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What Dreddy said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

my sanwa stick + 8 buttons and ps2-ps3 converter arrived today from korea. exactly 1 week after they were posted. much sooner then i expected.

I highly recommend that site I used (laughs)

Cheers for the recommendation lads.

Damn I wanted to have my stick painted and new art on before I got thr buttons etc but screw it I'll have to test them now. :D

sigh my new stick wont screw onto the old mad catz mounting plate for some reason :mad:

• Advertisement

**** sake screws don't even screw in on it without the mounting plate, wtf..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sisko wrote: »
    **** sake screws don't even screw in on it without the mounting plate, wtf..

Can you not take the SE stick off the mounting plate in the SE?

Sisko, did you get the JLF without the metal mounting plate?
    sanwa-JLFMeasurements.jpg
    Just use the mounting plate, screws & nuts from your original SE stick.

yeah, just read that I'm supposed to take out the nuts from the madcatz stick (have to take the stick apart)

I've done this but how do I get the nuts out though?

i have it i think, please lets this work >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I be ordering one of these clear plexiglass faceplate yokes, so if anyone wants in on combined shipping tell me rather soon as I want to order before the end of the week!
    http://web.me.com/patricksummers/Site/Bloggy_thing./Entries/2009/8/5_TE_Plexi_Covers.html

Do they do it for SE sticks? How does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

the guy was definitely working on an SE cover - I dont know if he ever started maufacturing them.

its just a cover that sits over the print and is screwed down. it makes the buttons a tight squeeze but I've had no problems since fitting mine.

Blanka2.jpg

So the print doesn't need to be adhesive? That sounds cool. Pity he didn't go on to do SE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Think the problem with the SE is that its a curved body.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=199891&p=7105062&viewfull=1#post7105062
    Most up to date listing of this Plexiglass Faceplate fella's wares.
    I emailed him asking the scéal with SE plates too:
    I have been trying to do the SE for quite a little while now, its a shame I cant offer it yet if at all as I get daily questions about it :) Problem being is the fold downwards, heat strips that are needed cause the overall acrylic to slowly just curl slightly and not sit flush which is terrible because there are no bolts to force it down. The world will know as and when of IF I manage them, so yes, just TE for now.

I'll probably splash out and grab a standard and an extended plate with those sunken bolts.

Right I've taken apart my trusty old ps1 dual shock pad, served me well when I played alpha 3 all those years ago, and it shall continue to server me well (hopefully) :D

Everything looks in order , now ... where to begin...

*gulp*

I'm ordering those plexiglass faceplates in the morning, so last call for anyone wanting in on the shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I might order some bits soon, so if anyone else is looking for stuff (or even selling stuff) let me know.

@ Kiki: i might try getting a seimitsu stick to try their octogate. Which is better: LS-33 or LS-55? The 55 has a longer shaft but would that be longer than a sanwa jlf say?

LS-55 has same length shaft as JLF (34mm).
    LS-33 (shaft length 26mm) is more for installing directly beneath the plate, e.g. in Namco or Hori FS/EX line.

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    I might order some bits soon, so if anyone else is looking for stuff (or even selling stuff) let me know.

@ Kiki: i might try getting a seimitsu stick to try their octogate. Which is better: LS-33 or LS-55? The 55 has a longer shaft but would that be longer than a sanwa jlf say?
    I'm gonna be looking for some stuff so let me know when you're ordering.

I'm looking to cover up the Turbo / Xbox button bit of my stick. I've seen a few people who have "Start + Select" set up to replace that button. Anyone have any idea how this is done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Jim wrote: »
    I'm looking to cover up the Turbo / Xbox button bit of my stick. I've seen a few people who have "Start + Select" set up to replace that button. Anyone have any idea how this is done?

I know that the cthulhu (ps3) board has that function built in. Not sure how its done for xbox 360, it's probably a feature of the new chimp board or the imp switch. Info on SRK, will find the links later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Since i've added the chimp to mine it works on xbox.
    Could probably solder in an and gate to give the same functionality.

Has the order gone through yet?
    Just saw that AkiShop added JoyStickers (in Arcade->Other->Sticker) for 195yen each.

Would like to add an LS-32 & LS-56 sticker to anyone's order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Lads if anyones ordering anything any time soon will you give me a shout?
    I need a jlf ribbon cable and a few quick disconnects, so not worth an order on their own, Cheers!

How many QDs do you need? For a TE or SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Need 3 for a SE.

Need the JLF ribbon cable more though.

Is the JLF cable for an SE as well or what?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kiki whats the standard stick in the TE?

You were correct, the VSHG is a little loose, I would like to pop in a nice new one.

Sorry but I'm thinking I'm also going to restore the original colours to it... I might get one of those fancy metal balls though for the stick.

Advertisement