Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm going to order arcade stick parts

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Kiki whats the standard stick in the TE?

You were correct, the VSHG is a little loose, I would like to pop in a nice new one.

Sorry but I'm thinking I'm also going to restore the original colours to it... I might get one of those fancy metal balls though for the stick.

Theres a man with taste

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kiki whats the standard stick in the TE?

You were correct, the VSHG is a little loose, I would like to pop in a nice new one.

Sorry but I'm thinking I'm also going to restore the original colours to it... I might get one of those fancy metal balls though for the stick.
    Standard stick is for VSHG Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK (no mounting plate, shaft cover) same as TE (except TE needs mounting plate).

However, you can save money, weight (and the environment) by just buying a Sanwa TP-MA board (AkihabaraShop.jp under Arcade >Joysticks >accessories) and a new spring (JLF-SP under Arcade >Joysticks >2nd drop-down box for JLF).

Might I suggest an LB-35-M "MeshBall" instead of metal?

*edit*
    Meshball looks like this (stick is Konami Hyper Stick, aka what I'm trying to buy next):
    hstick07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Cool stick.

Would it be too much of me to ask, if any is ordering stuff themselves, for a TE? (I have the money just no means of buying, besides 3V)

Or even easier, anyone know where I could buy a 3V voucher?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

However, you can save money, weight (and the environment) by just buying a Sanwa TP-MA board (AkihabaraShop.jp under Arcade >Joysticks >accessories) and a new spring (JLF-SP under Arcade >Joysticks >2nd drop-down box for JLF).

See, problem is I am totally inept.

If I open something like a stick up it's probably never working again.

I reckon I can handle swapping a stick out but putting a new spring in etc... blood runs cold :D

Mesh ball looks cool. Will consider it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

GorySnake wrote: »
    Cool stick.

Would it be too much of me to ask, if any is ordering stuff themselves, for a TE? (I have the money just no means of buying, besides 3V)

* Or even easier, anyone know where I could buy a 3V voucher?
    The spar next to XGC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

GorySnake wrote: »
    Cool stick.

Or even easier, anyone know where I could buy a 3V voucher?

I'll probably be putting an order in over the next couple of weeks. I'll put a new thread so people can get an order in if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Play-Asia just emailed to me let me know that the HRAP V3-SA is back in stock.

It's like they know I have money the tempting pricks!

See, problem is I am totally inept.

If I open something like a stick up it's probably never working again.

I reckon I can handle swapping a stick out but putting a new spring in etc... blood runs cold :D

Mesh ball looks cool. Will consider it!
    I can do a full service of that stick in about 10 minutes, with a single screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I can do a full service of that stick in about 10 minutes, with a single screwdriver.
    Show off.

Though I may purchase some newer buttons or maybe a new spring/stick for the one I have...my seimitsu's ain't been clackin' as much as before, and I think my lk button's gettin' a little...odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

You're a better man than me. I usually need a wrench as well to open it up.

• Advertisement

@Voa: No need to buy new buttons unless for colour -- Seimitsu PS-14-D (stiff) or Sanwa SW-68 (light) micro-switches can be put in with just an extra few seconds per button. You can get 2 micro-switches for less than a whole new button, for all future repairs.
    And a new micro-switch board for LS-32 (#15 Substrate ASSY) costs 990yen vs 1595yen for a full new stick. However, putting a new spring (85yen) in an LS-32 is a PITA as it uses a C-ring, so you'd want to get a 15yen LS-40 #13 E-clip as well.

@NeoKubrick: I modded the VSHG so that it top-loads like a Madcatz TE.
    However, the bolts I used are 20mm too long so take an age to get out :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Will you do that for me if I buy all the stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

@NeoKubrick: I modded the VSHG so that it top-loads like a Madcatz TE.
    However, the bolts I used are 20mm too long so take an age to get out :P
    Sweet. It takes an age to open it up, otherwise. Would you be up for dual-modding my VSHG at some point?

@Doom: yeah, I can put those in for you whenever.

@NeoKubrick: Sorry, not really into dual-modding with 360 PCBs anymore; I've wasted too many of them so I'm laying off it for now. Only PCB I'll touch is Joytron/Datel (360/PS3 out the box, very little soldering).

I suggest contact PPC here, or Tsukiko on NeoEmpire.

Advertisement