Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerful Chile Quake 'Shifted Earth's Axis'

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

its not a conspiracy. Scientists confirmed the quake shortened the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Was just about to start a thread on this but Uprising got there before me. So its Sky news via Yahoo-what's the real story behind this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Seeing as the NWo government have the tech to make these earthquakes,
    is it possible that the NWO are trying to shorten our days slowly to be more comfortable for our reptillian leaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

what's the real story behind this?

Possibly the Earths axis has shifted by other means, (changes in gravitational fields for example), and Nasa are using the earthquake to conveniently explain it away.

If you go with the 'earthquake weapon' theory then perhaps they had reason to adjust the length of the day, axis rotation...etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Well to be honest I don't believe anything has shifted, maybe an attempt to shift our perception and condition us.

All the reports say they used complex scientific model, most probably too complex for anyone apart from nasa to calculate, therefore we must believe them, a stepping stone to a doomsday scenario.

• Advertisement

uprising2 wrote: »
    All the reports say they used complex scientific model, most probably too complex for anyone apart from nasa to calculate, therefore we must believe them, a stepping stone to a doomsday scenario.

or maybe it is too complex for anybody who doesnt have a super computer at hand.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not such a big deal in the long history of the planet earth. There have been bigger earthquakes in even the last 100 years and we're still here. In any case the days are getting longer over time as the earths rotation very very gradually slows, so give it a decade and we'll get the time bak.. Go back 600 million years and the years had closer to 400 days and the moon was much closer too. Funny if modern humanity had been around say 300000 years ago, we couldnt have seen full solar eclipses as the moon would have appeared smaller. AFAIK we'll only be able to see ones like today for another 50 or 60,000 years

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Just how long is a Micro second?

robtri wrote: »
    is it possible that the NWO are trying to shorten our days slowly to be more comfortable for our reptilian leaders?

Your so so wrong.

Reptiles are cold blooded to it wouldn't be in their interest to shorten the day, if anything they would want to lengthen it so they would have more sun exposer to heat their body's thus increasing their activity period.

Just how long is a Micro second?

One millionth of a second, making the change of 6.8 microseconds absolutely insignificant.

• Advertisement

WTF?, sounds something like I heard here before:eek:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100303/twl-powerful-chile-quake-shifted-earth-s-3fd0ae9.html

It chopped an estimated 6.8 microseconds off the length of a day, Nasa said.

I see you believe NASA when it suits you.

WTF?, sounds something like I heard here before:eek:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100303/twl-powerful-chile-quake-shifted-earth-s-3fd0ae9.html

I believe what nasa are telling me.......

Well to be honest I don't believe anything has shifted, maybe an attempt to shift our perception and condition us.

I dont believe a word out of nasa..........

uprising can you expalin how you can use information from Nasa as the OT
    and then indicate you dont trust nasa???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Maybe he was posting the nasa link to get the CT going?

"It chopped an estimated 6.8 microseconds off the length of a day, Nasa said."
    Not Uprising.
    If you carefully look at Uprisings post he states,
    "Well to be honest I don't believe anything has shifted, maybe an attempt to shift our perception and condition us."

Its pretty clear to me he isnt confusing the subject or taking two sides etc.
    You two guys may need to focus on what the CT is about and less focus on the person posting it.

Is there any proof the earth shifted on its axis?
    Is there any proof it didnt?

PS. i dont watch the news ......but when did this earthquake happen?
    surely not since Haiti?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

the planet's axis did shift by 8cm during the quake, days would have shortened by 1.26 microseconds, Mr Gross calculated.

Where did you get 6.8 milliseconds from ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Your so so wrong.

Reptiles are cold blooded to it wouldn't be in their interest to shorten the day, if anything they would want to lengthen it so they would have more sun exposer to heat their body's thus increasing their activity period.

Got it! They are lounge lizards and they've obviously made the night longer. :cool:

Its in the link he posted.

"If the planet's axis did shift by 8cm during the quake, days would have shortened by 1.26 microseconds, Mr Gross calculated."

The 6.8 micro seconds wasnt lost in the Chille quake it was lost in the 2004 quake in Asia.

"If the planet's axis did shift by 8cm during the quake, days would have shortened by 1.26 microseconds, Mr Gross calculated.

A microsecond is one-millionth of a second.

Earth days are 24 hours long because that is the amount of time it takes the planet to make one full rotation on its axis, so shifting the axis would affect rotation.

The quake shifted the Earth's axis by even more than the 9.1-magnitude tremor off Indonesia that started the deadly tsunami in Asia in 2004, according to Mr Gross.

This was partly because the fault line responsible for the quake in Chile "dips into Earth at a slightly steeper angle than does the fault responsible for the 2004 Sumatran earthquake", he said.

The different angle made Saturday's tremor more effective at moving Earth's mass vertically and shifting the planet's axis, Mr Gross continued.

The 2004 quake in Asia, which killed hundreds of thousands of people, caused the Earth to move by around 7cm.

It chopped an estimated 6.8 microseconds off the length of a day, Nasa said."

Listen just to confirm, I didn't say anything shifted, NASA DID!, I don't know how the hell they calculated 6.8 microseconds or expected us to believe it, so in 1000 years or so we'll have to put our watches back 5 second's or whatever, it's insignificant, it's bullsh1t, it's a stepping stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Over the course of a lifetime, a difference of 1.26us per day amounts to about one-third of a second. That is, you will have one-third of one second more days in your lifetime than before this quake, or an additional 0.00000382 rotations of the earth to deal with.

Imperceptible to the human being and inconsequential in the grand scheme. There would be no need to cover this up or make it up.

Changing the rotational speed of the earth would be no mean feat and anything significant would mean death and destruction for everything on the planet. You consider that we're spinning at 1,600 km/h. In order to add 5 minutes onto the day, you would need to slow the earth by 0.34%.

Sounds small, right? So that would mean a reduction from 1,600km/h to 1,594.56km/h. Again, doesn't sound like a lot. But that means that absolutely everything on the face of the earth - people, vehicles, buildings, even the ground under your feet would continue moving at 5.44km/h. In other words, complete annihilation. You know when you trip in the street and fall forward momentarily? Imagine that happening to every object on the entire planet, simultaneously.

Listen just to confirm, I didn't say anything shifted, NASA DID! .

NASA also told you they went to the moon, so why start believeing them now?

Hmm personally i would have dimissed the idea upon hearing a shift so small.
    But im curious now what do you see it as a stepping stone for?
    How will they use this as leverage?

Ps. to those joking about lizards have a look for a documentary called monkey blood.Its an interesting theory that the royal family for an example have a different blood type which has no monkey dna or something like that.Its basically trying to show that some of the ancient bloodlines have a different blood type and are unable to mix with the regular population due to birth defects and miscarriages from this dna mismatch.
    Its reckoned that it is these families that have the alien dna but nobody is going to be able to est it legally anyway lol.
    Remember i didnt say i believe it i said it was interesting.
    I am interested to hear about a royal who has had one or more children with a non "pure blood".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

I have to say reading through the thread here some of the posts being put up by the debunkers is very disappointing.I dont know why these people insist on using lizzards as an argument objective, to be honest its weak and its pathetic

Torakx wrote: »
    Maybe he was posting the nasa link to get the CT going?

"It chopped an estimated 6.8 microseconds off the length of a day, Nasa said."
    Not Uprising.
    If you carefully look at Uprisings post he states,
    "Well to be honest I don't believe anything has shifted, maybe an attempt to shift our perception and condition us."

Its pretty clear to me he isnt confusing the subject or taking two sides etc.
    You two guys may need to focus on what the CT is about and less focus on the person posting it.

Is there any proof the earth shifted on its axis?
    Is there any proof it didnt?

PS. i dont watch the news ......but when did this earthquake happen?
    surely not since Haiti?

Thanks torakx, Exactly!, couldn't have put it better myself.

The earthquake was Saturday, think it was the 7th biggest recorded or something like that.

And boys/girls, I didn't change my story, for the person who asked where I got 6.8, read the wording of my OP, "Sound's like something I heard (here?) before", I don't believe NASA has any evidence that anything shifted.

NASA also told you they went to the moon, so why start believeing them now?

You really don't get it do you, I suggest you get fully awake and start reading again, take note of the words I use and when I use them, hopefully you'll get what I'm saying.

Well i guess David Icke is doing a good job lol.He has infiltrated the popular media and put a ridiculous spin on a possibly good debateable subject.
    Cudos to ..CIA? MI6? whoever.Dis-info is alot more powerful than people seem to understand.

Pirateshampoo the Ct afaik is that nasa said it shifted.Uprising appears to be using that quote to show you what nasa said and then debating wether it actually did and the reasons why they would bring that up.just to try clarify a bit and also keep this post on topic.

I have to say reading through the thread here some of the posts being put up by the debunkers is very disappointing.I dont know why these people insist on using lizzards as an argument objective, to be honest its weak and its pathetic

What is actually being debunked here?

I think everybody is agreeing with him about the earth shifting on its axis.

And I'm being serious, wouldn't the Lizards want to increase the length of the days rather than decrease, they are after all cold blooded. It would be in their interest.

Thanks torakx, Exactly!, couldn't have put it better myself.

The earthquake was Saturday, think it was the 7th biggest recorded or something like that.

And boys/girls, I didn't change my story, for the person who asked where I got 6.8, read the wording of my OP, "Sound's like something I heard (here?) before", I don't believe NASA has any evidence that anything shifted.

Your right, they just pulled a number out there ass and made the whole thing up.

Torakx wrote: »

Pirateshampoo the Ct afaik is that nasa said it shifted.Uprising appears to be using that quote to show you what nasa said and then debating wether it actually did and the reasons why they would bring that up.just to try clarify a bit and also keep this post on topic.

Thats what i don't understand, its such a insignificant amount of time and changes absolutely nothing.

So why would NASA lie about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Hold on a second.. Has it shifted us closer to the sun? If so, cool.. just in time for summer!

why??when CT believer (i ahte terminolgy) use lizards as a reason thats ok... but if a skeptic uses them its weak and pathetic...
    you cant have it bought ways..

we have had numerous threads where the believers have informed us of the NWO and tha this is actually controlled by lizards...

considering that it is possible that a government agency caused this earthquake, by use of there earthquake causing satellites , which has been raised her in ct beofre by believers,

therefore if the above is possibly true , it stands to reeason that if this was caused by a government aganecy, it would have been ordered by the government leaders, i.e the NWO... who are controlled by reptiles...
    hence there must be a reason why ????? and maybe shortening of the day is one reason.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Little D

not to change the subject but i am intereseted in the reptile theory, is it true if you trace back far enough you can make a connection between the royal family and the bush family??

why??when CT believer (i ahte terminolgy) use lizards as a reason thats ok... but if a skeptic uses them its weak and pathetic...

we have had numerous threads where the believers have informed us of the NWO and tha this is actually controlled by lizards...

considering that it is possible that a government agency caused this earthquake, by use of there earthquake causing satellites , which has been raised her in ct beofre by believers,

therefore if the above is possibly true , it stands to reeason that if this was caused by a government aganecy, it would have been ordered by the government leaders, i.e the NWO... who are controlled by reptiles...
    hence there must be a reason why ????? and maybe shortening of the day is one reason.....

Listen you won't find any reference to lizards in any of my post's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Little D wrote: »
    not to change the subject but i am intereseted in the reptile theory, is it true if you trace back far enough you can make a connection between the royal family and the bush family??

If you trace back far enough you can connect any 2 people.

Can, worms, everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Little D

ok sorry

ok sorry

lol, no but seriously if you want to read up more about the subject i would take a look at the posts made by a nice pleasant young chap called Mysterious who frequents these pages.

• Advertisement

I have been posting on these forums for the last 3 months now and the only people iv seen talk about lizzards are the skeptics.So it doesnt actually seem to be working both ways.Reading your post there you seem to be implying that if a person believes in the NWO conspiracy then they also believe in lizzards or reptiles :confused:

If you look around there isnt actually that many CTers who believe in reptilians.Im just disapointed with the tactics being used by some of the skeptics lately, it seems to me if they cant find anything to argue about then they just slag the CTers over the lizzards.I think its the height of ignorance really, considering the thread isnt even about lizzards in the first place

If you have a problem with someones post then report it.

Has someone mocked 1 of your posts or topics with a lizards remark?

It was only mentioned in this topic as a off the cuff remark by robtri who didnt even mean anything by it other than injecting a bit of humor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Think the connection is a rattlensnake, seriously there was an article in an Irish newspaper a while back where it was claimed the Bushes were descendants of Strongbow or someone like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

The tilt of the axis has been moving faster than usual. Last night I got the feeling that in my mind the equator is moving up or the north pole is moving down if that makes sense as this means the equator thus is moving up a northeasterly direction.

Its hard to say it from my minds eye. I need to draw it. I'd be interested to see what people have come up with. The changes in the earth are happening. What i fear is the illuminati trying to interfere with it.

mysterious wrote: »
    The tilt of the axis has been moving faster than usual. Last night I got the feeling that in my mind the equator is moving up or the north pole is moving down if that makes sense as this means the equator thus is moving up a northeasterly direction.

Its hard to say it from my minds eye. I need to draw it. I'd be interested to see what people have come up with. The changes in the earth are happening. What i fear is the illuminati trying to interfere with it.

Yes it happens every year on a yearly cycle, its called the Season's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Yes it happens every year on a yearly cycle, its called the Season's.

No, this is a faster tilt. We are in a massive cycle that has last 26.000 years, thats a galactic day.

Your talking of a season that last 4 months.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

mysterious wrote: »
    No, this is a faster tilt. We are in a massive cycle that has last 26.000 years, thats a galactic day.

Can we ask you how you know this or must we work it out for ourselves?

I think everybody is agreeing with him about the earth shifting on its axis.

Conditioning:
    Accepting what NASA says without question, your subconscience has been fed crap that it now automatically accepts without question.
    Your right, they just pulled a number out there ass and made the whole thing up.

Yes I believe they did, now in the back of your mind you think "they didn't make it up, they have the know how and technology, when something else happens I will listen to the advice of these people, they know"
    Thats what i don't understand, its such a insignificant amount of time and changes absolutely nothing.

So why would NASA lie about it?

Such an insignificant number, it changes nothing, except your already exaggerated view of NASA and what they actually know, and your conditioned to seek future further clarification from them for real or percieved threats.
    As I said it's nothing more than a stepping stone.
    I often see people here talking about tinfoil hats and such nonsense, these people who bring them up are the same people who went running for the magic duct tape a few years ago for protection from biological weapons that Saddam had.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape_alert

Torakx this might answer your question from earlier aswell,

Take it theres no point in asking you wtf your on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Does anyone want to offer an explanation as to how a satellite could cause an earthquake from space? Please obey the laws of physics.

Take it theres no point in asking you wtf your on about?

Well I'll tell you anyway, you are a very much programmed person, you readily accept the illusion given to you, its not your fault really, you have been taught through subliminal means of what's what, when you watched independance day you felt warm inside at the end, the goodguys had won.
    independence-day-bpullman_l.jpg

Its so deeply entrenched in your mind there is no shifting it, you cannot question motives, you accept without question as you always have.
    Don't worry It's not just you, its widespread across all age groups and geographic locations.

It was only mentioned in this topic as a off the cuff remark by robtri who didnt even mean anything by it other than injecting a bit of humor.

This topic and many others.....

BTW its not a personal attack on robtri, iv seen a lot of the skeptics doing it over the last few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Well I'll tell you anyway, you are a very much programmed person, you readily accept the illusion given to you, its not your fault really, you have been taught through subliminal means of what's what, when you watched independance day you felt warm inside at the end, the goodguys had won.
    independence-day-bpullman_l.jpg

Its so deeply entrenched in your mind there is no shifting it, you cannot question motives, you accept without question as you always have.
    Don't worry It's not just you, its widespread across all age groups and geographic locations.

How come you are unaffected by the same subversive forces he is subjected to?

Kepti wrote: »
    How come you are unaffected by the same subversive forces he is subjected to?

Because I've informed myself, I used to be like him.

Because I've informed myself, I used to be like him.

Let me put this simply for you.

You don't know me. So keep your narrow minded assumptions to your self.

• Advertisement
Advertisement