Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerful Chile Quake 'Shifted Earth's Axis'

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

robtri wrote: »
    so what you are saying is you believe this government puppets...
    but not the nasa puppets... and nasa has just as much to loose..... if not more considering their funding...

an earthquake of 2.5 depending on depth would be unnoticeable

also you said the numbers of earthquakes was increasing and that you where studying it for years....

here's an article that says they arent based on the USGS data.... which you trust......
    http://geology.rockbandit.net/2010/03/01/has-there-been-an-increase-in-earthquake-activity/

I've proven he was just waffling and assuming in my link from NASA, if you want to prove they are waffling about some eartquakes too that would be great too, but start your own thread for it and I'll surely join in.

EDIT:

See if I dont get it from USGS I can get it from multiple sources depending on where it occurs.

If that was a question you are asking at the end with the link, try rephrase it because it doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

uprising2 wrote: »
    I've proven he was just waffling and assuming in my link from NASA, if you want to prove they are waffling about some eartquakes too that would be great too, but start your own thread for it and I'll surely join in.

EDIT:

See if I dont get it from USGS I can get it from multiple sources depending on where it occurs.

If that was a question you are asking at the end with the link, try rephrase it because it doesn't make sense.

it wasnt a question, more of an observation....
    you say the the USGS numbers can be trusted and are above board.. the article i linked to shows the data and how it shows no increase in earthquakes... yet an earlier post by yourself states:
    uprising2 wrote: »
    I have been looking at earthquakes for a few years now, they are constant, getting alarmingly more frequent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

did anyone feel that?

kryogen wrote: »
    did anyone feel that?

Yea I did, man thats weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

kryogen wrote: »
    did anyone feel that?

How many have you had :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

How many have you had :pac:

a few actually

but i just got rid of a bit of wind and i could have sworn i felt the earth tilt a little :D

robtri wrote: »
    it wasnt a question, more of an observation....
    you say the the USGS numbers can be trusted and are above board.. the article i linked to shows the data and how it shows no increase in earthquakes... yet an earlier post by yourself states:

No I didn't say USGS numbers can be trusted, I don't know that they are accurate, I said "And I don't know all the earthquakes are real, but I verify what I can."

So don't be trying to put words in my mouth, and get to your point because this seems like a fukking quizz night here.

The link you posted says for 5-7.9 quakes its from observations from 1990, the rest are from 1900, two different times, check back before 1990, look at the increase.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What was that supposed to be? Red/orange clouds in the evening sky? What's so 'surreal' about that?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

I have no clue. Even if it was something suspicious I wouldn't be able to discern what that was.

The "surreal" part which is what interested me more was quoted from the eye-witness.

Here is what she said.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ola-Atvl9Gs&NR=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I have no clue. Even if it was something suspicious I wouldn't be able to discern what that was.

The "surreal" part which is what interested me more was quoted from the eye-witness.

Here is what she said.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ola-Atvl9Gs&NR=1

Earthquake Lights have been recorded throughout history and have been photographed throughout the 20th century. They are an interesting phenomenon associated with quakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

There are claims that some ciies in Chille have moved 10 Feet to the West after the quake, these claims come from a scientist mot a CTér so are being taken seriously, I'd like to see some proof tho

Advertisement