Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog gonna be shot?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Just saw an ad in a popular website looking for a new home for a dog, black Lab type because the owner is moving house. The dog needs a home by Friday. I hope they are joking about shooting the dog!:mad:

Just needed to rant somewhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Hermit07 wrote: »
    Just saw an ad in a popular website looking for a new home for a dog, black Lab type because the owner is moving house. The dog needs a home by Friday. I hope they are joking about shooting the dog!:mad:

Just needed to rant somewhere!
    link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

stevoman wrote: »
    link?
    No links to ads allowed in this forum.

OP if you think there's an issue with the ad - report it to the website it's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Hermit07

I had guessed no links allowed but its a very popular website............

and ive reported loads of ads on there but sure that wont help the dog!

i see it. some people are eeejits.

Well it might have been said in jest - I doubt someone would actually post up that they'd shoot the dog if it didn't get a new home. Report it anyway, and if you like you could even try ringing the warden in their area and direct them to the ad, if you feel it's a serious threat.

Stevoman you could also just pm the OP and they could send you the link.

• Advertisement

I think I sent him a pm!!!!:D

Or ad said (hint hint)

dog going free. need him gone by friday.

imagine being that ignorant to post an advert like that. wouldnt mind its a fine looking dog.

I know I was horrified when I see it and I do knows its common practice for some people to shoot dogs if they are no longer wanted or in the case of working gundogs if they are not great gundogs.:(

I have reported ads on there before but all they do is remove the ad.

Looks like a fake to me - if you put in 'Black Labrador' in search box the first one that comes up is a genuine seller, from 3 hours ago, with the exact same photo that's being used by this 'gone by friday' ad (only 50mins old).

star-pants wrote: »
    Looks like a fake to me - if you put in 'Black Labrador' in search box the first one that comes up is a genuine seller, from 3 hours ago, with the exact same photo that's being used by this 'gone by friday' ad (only 50mins old).

Wow well spotted:D some people have very little to be doing with their time (and money)

• Advertisement

Hermit07 wrote: »
    Wow well spotted:D some people have very little to be doing with their time (and money)

Yup clearly some sad individual. The upside is though that there's (hopefully) no harm to a dog being done.

Advertisement