Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbourne new album available to listen to in full.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Thanks man

This is the new single

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

Woah, sounds good, this is keeping me awake as the work day grinds on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

just don't get this song? Is it me or does it sound like a jaded AC/DC knock off...? I would admit I'm not a fan of this band, and it's for this very reason. Fair play to them, they seem to be doing well, but it's one band I really don't get. Too close to an AC/DC tribute...:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

seacht07 is spot on here. It's great stuff but as soon as I heard it I thought...wow, AC/DC have released an album under a different name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

r3nu4l wrote: »
    seacht07 is spot on here. It's great stuff but as soon as I heard it I thought...wow, AC/DC have released an album under a different name...
    just the same as airbournes first album then!

they started off as an ACDC tribute band. Seems the equation goes like the below

Metallica are to trivium what ACDC are to Airbourne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

There's no doubting that they are good but really all they are doing here is writing original material but using a formulaic sound. It's just not different enough to AC/DC. If they sounded 'a bit like' AC/DC but had their own unique features then I'd be extremely impressed and give them an 8/10 but as it is they still sound like an AC/DC tribute band. Pity, because there is obvious talent there!

EDIT: I still give them 7/10 :p despite the AC/DC sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Max Power1 wrote: »

Metallica are to trivium what ACDC are to Airbourne

Motorhead are to Metallica (circa Kill Em All)........ I'll get my coat........:(

Advertisement