Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet

• 03-03-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Has anyone used this? someone has asked me to look into it for them. as the call deal with the broadband is good. They have eircom(calls more expensive) at the moment 3mb line, but after 6pm speeds can drop. I rang UTV but they said they cannot gaurantee 3mb. The problem they have a system that the Internet is plugged into and the line would ideally need to be always over 1.5mb and a ping rate ideally under 80ms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

lamai wrote: »
    Has anyone used this? someone has asked me to look into it for them. as the call deal with the broadband is good. They have eircom(calls more expensive) at the moment 3mb line, but after 6pm speeds can drop. I rang UTV but they said they cannot gaurantee 3mb. The problem they have a system that the Internet is plugged into and the line would ideally need to be always over 1.5mb and a ping rate ideally under 80ms

They can't guarantee anything, but they use the same lines etc. as eircom.
    The low speeds in the afternoon is usually due to contention.
    Their 3mb contention is 48:1 (max. of 48 houses on each 3mbit line [You are guaranteed 0.0625mb(64kb)/s at its slowest.]) according to their website, which is pretty bad. You should confirm that with them though as their website is very out of date in some areas.

I have utv 7mbit and I am a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I have UTV 3Mb line and it is fine, I get 3Mbit down when running torrents. I signed up for the unlimited bandwidth usage (about an extra €6 per month), overall am also very happy with the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭mrskinner

There is further information about utvinternet in this section. See here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055842444

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

I think the 8mb from UTV is a great service.

11745425.png

736318431.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Just got UTV 7mb broadband a few days ago. Seems pretty good so far. I haven't heard any bad reports about them TBH.

756488277.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Update on my 8mb

Very consistent

757896596.png 13166518.png
    757897309.png 13166490.png
    757897689.png

757898118.png 13166543.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sorry to jump in on the end of this one. But I'm on what is supposed to be a 3MB line. I was wondering why my connection seemed a bit "laggy" when I did a speedtest (results below!). Should I give them a buzz about this or would it be a problem at my end!?

Bearing in mind I wasn't downloading anything while I did the test!

815060726.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

yeahh the UTV service is grand ther download caps are complete muck so if you download alot you are going to pay alot more for a useless cap other than that the service is solid and good bettr than eircom in some ways !!;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Using UTV broadband for past 2 years or so. Barring a few DNS problems and once a year ago, where connections were diabolical (affected BT also at the time), they have been very good and consistant.

I pay the extra 6eur for no cap.

816648656.png

Advertisement