Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally lost and confused

Options
  • 03-03-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all, firstly any response is greatly appreciated. I am being made redundant - yes along with half the country I hear you cry. I am completing my degree with the OU and have one course left next year or I can settle with a standard Open degree this year. Is it possible to get a grant towards attending college here and what are the conditions that need to be met? Will my courses from OU transfer or will I need to start again?

Many thanks for your help..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

have a look through the thread at the top of the page to do with mature students going back to college, grant and fees info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 irishmusic

HI
    I know the OU modules are part of the ECTS and can be transferred but I think you would have to ring the admissions departments in a few universities as you would have 150 credits and all you need is 180 for an honors degree. They might let you transferre or maybe skip first year. As for grants as stated see the stickies above.

Advertisement