Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rockford Rooftile 4 Mile Road Race Tinryland AC 28/8/10

• 03-03-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Rockford Rooftile 4 Mile Road Race Tinryland AC Saturday 28th August. Tinryland AC present their Annual 4 Mile road race which will be held at 5.30 pm in Tinryland village Co. Carlow. A mini Rockford will start at 5pm for all juveniles under the age of 15. All juvenile finishers will receive medals. A unique addition this year is the Top class spot prizes which will be restricted to non individual prize winners who finish the 4 mile event. Included in these prizes is the opportunity to win a fantastic €1,000 holiday voucher, LCD TV, Digital Camera, Luxury weekend for two and €200 Jewellery Voucher. Cash prizes in all usual Senior Male/Female and Vets Categories and Teams. Post race activities include refreshments, race video, presentations, spot prize draw and live music in the local GAA centre. So come along and enjoy a great atmosphere in Tinryland. Tinryland is situated just off Junction 5 on the M9 and is only one hour from Dublin and only 3 miles from the buzzing town of Carlow with plenty of shopping and nightlife activities. Online entry with runireland.com till midnight Sunday 22nd August for only €10 or enter on the day for €15 from 4pm on race day in the local parish hall. Race numbers will be distributed on race day.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 5 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    80%
    Git101triheadrunnerboyseanspurs 4 votes
    3 stars (average)
    20%
    annieee 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭runnerboy

4 stars (good)
    Just to let u know enties are starting to fly in for our 4 mile road race in Tinryland on 28th August. must be one of the cheapest races on the circuit only €10 if you enter online with run ireland( €15 on the day). Great spots where some lucky individual will win a €1000 holiday voucher and many other great prizes. Already entered are a number of GAA teams and a large amount of soldiers who are in training for their annual road race in October. Also entered are the local Fit for Life groups in the local area. For more info check out runireland.com or Facebook Tinryland road race. Any feedback or suggestions please dont hesitate to contact us.

4 stars (good)
    Just an update only 3 weeks left for online entry with runireland.com for 31st edition of our road race. Entries have come in already from all parts of Leinster and some even from the UK. It looks set to our biggest yet to date. We will take entries on race day for €15 or book online for €10. Some people have entered via post so you can do this, once you contact sean beforehand at 087-2509520. Recent races you might have seen us at Enniscorthy half, St James Run and Parnell 5km. Other races to visit will be the Kilomarathon in Moone and St Abbans Road race. Any queries don't hesitate to contact us or visit us on facebook - Tinryland Road Race.
    Hope to see lots of fellow boardies at our annual race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

4 stars (good)
    Think I'll have to have a go at this as it's nearly close enough to home to jog over for a warm up...

4 stars (good)
    That's it.
    Just signed up.

@ runnerboy. Is there a course map anywhere on the internet. Couldn't find any on your website or runireland?

4 stars (good)
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.785479,-6.892376&spn=0.036649,0.07699&z=14

Starts in Tinryland outside Deanes shop heading towards carlow after 400 take a sharp left you go downhill for 300 take a left turn heading to Ballybar Lower. First mile very fast you then go over flyover m9 and keep going to 2 mile mark at ballybar upper on level ground.
    take another left turn head to ballyloo hill about 2-300 of gradual uphill.
    At top of hill take another left turn and its all downhill to next flyover m9. You have only 500 mtrs to the finish in the village. Last 150 you can see the finish.

Hope the map comes out (first time to do it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 penderc

just wondering how far is tinryland from dublin and where would you recommend to stay for accomodation if you wanted to make a weekend of it.

4 stars (good)
    penderc wrote: »
    just wondering how far is tinryland from dublin and where would you recommend to stay for accomodation if you wanted to make a weekend of it.

Tinryland is less than a hour from the Mad Cow, just off exit 5 on the M9.

Carlow town is only about 4 or 5 miles away, some decent hotels there or Tullow would be about 5 or 6 miles from Tinryland. Mount Wolseley in Tullow has a great reputation, good food, golf course, gym, spa etc ( I sound like an ad for it but I have no connection :D)
    There would also be B&Bs in Carlow, Tullow and Ballon.

4 stars (good)
    thanks git for replying. I'd recommend staying in carlow its only 3 miles from tinryland. plenty of places to stay from the seven oaks, dinn ri and for budget accomodation at a good price The red setter. plenty to do in carlow good night life, good shopping and plenty to do for all the family with bowling and cinemas. But don't get too distracted and forget to run our race. hope to see you all there. by the way dublin is less than an hour drive to carlow on the M9 take exit at junction 5 and you are only 1 mile from village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Runnerboy,

How many have entered ?

I'm out injured but am looking for a bounce back race and this seems perfect as i'm only over in Laois. 5:30 start ????

4 stars (good)
    elvis to answer you honestly entries are coming in slowly at the moment but we expect to have 200 to 250 in our race. we have had a good local response but many people won't enter on line until nearer to the event. the 5.30 start allows people to go home early or to hand around and enjoy the night and make a social side to it. we have a band playing in the local gaa centre at 8pm to entice people to hang around. don't worry lots of runners and walkers are entering but because the entry is so cheap we think many will enter on the day.
    hope to see you there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

This is a great race. Haven't done it in a few years but if you can make it you should. I hope to be down this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 penderc

many thanks for the help booked in for the weekend in carlow . see you on race day

4 stars (good)
    Last time to blatantly plug our annual road race, many thanks for those that have entered so far.
    ROCKFORD ROOFTILE -1 WEEK TO ENTER ONLINE
    Just one week left to enter on-line to guarantee your entry for the 31st running of our annual 4 mile race/fun run. Local runners have been entering at a good rate availing of the €10 entry fee when booking on-line. Entries will be accepted on race day but people are encouraged to enter early and avail of the €5 discount. Recently entries have being coming in from all areas of Leinster and Munster and looks set, to be our biggest field ever in the history of the event. The 31st running of this event sponsored by Dan Morrissey Ltd since its inception which will be held at 5.30 pm in Tinryland village, Co. Carlow on Saturday the 28th August. Also at 5pm there is a 1 mile fun event for all children up to the age of 15 years. This is a fun event where all ages will start together in a mass start and all finishers receive a medal. Already up to 50 local kids from St. Joseph’s soccer club have signed up and with entries coming in from kilkenny and wicklow it is expected that over 100 kids will compete on the day. A local DJ will add to the atmosphere in the village by playing music.
    A unique addition this year to the 4 mile event is the Top class spot prizes which will be restricted to non individual prize winners who finish the 4 mile event. Included in these prizes is the opportunity to win a fantastic €1,000 holiday voucher in Top Class Travel in the Fairgreen Shopping Centre which is valid for 1 year. A 26 inch Panasonic wide screenLCD TV and a Digital Camera, A Luxury weekend for two in The Mount Wolseley in Tullow and €200 Jewellery Voucher in Douglas Jewellers. Post race activities include refreshments where a wide selection of food will be available free of charge for all. Race video, presentations, spot prize draw and live music in the local GAA centre from 8pm onwards. So calling all Carlovians, runners /walkers and spectators to come along and support our race and to enjoy a great atmosphere in Tinryland. Online entry is available with runireland.com till midnight Sunday 22nd August for only €10 (credit charge included) or enter on the day for €15 from 4pm on race day in the local parish hall. Race numbers will be distributed on race day. A mini Rockford will start at 5pm for all juveniles under the age of 15. This is a fun event with all juvenile finishers receiving medals. If interested look us up on Facebook - Tinryland Road Race or contact Sean at 0872509520 for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seanspurs

4 stars (good)
    I have competed in this race a number of times. Must definately be in the top 10 races in Ireland.
    How many years has it been going on?

4 stars (good)
    this is the 31st running of our annual road race. started in 1980 the same year as the dublin marthon, used to be a final blow out prior to the marathon as the traditional date was 2 weeks before the marathon. we have moved the race forward in recent years due to the large amount of races that clashed with our traditional date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seanspurs

4 stars (good)
    Its great to see a race lasting the test of time, most races come and go after a few years.
    It speaks volumes about the race itself.
    I know Lindie Naughton,said the refreshments were Legendary,and the New spot prizes this year should bring a lot of fun runners.

4 stars (good)
    just to let people know the closing date has being extended to 10pm on thursday 26th aug on runireland.com for only €10. due to a number of enquires and people having problems entering online. good to see a large number of raheny athletes travelling down for our race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭aero2k

I'm in. Hopefully the legs will feel better by then!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

3 stars (average)
    Can't find this race on runireland. Can anyone post a link for race entry please.

Sorry! :confused:

4 stars (good)
    annieee wrote: »
    Can't find this race on runireland. Can anyone post a link for race entry please.

Sorry! :confused:

There you go.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    just noticed its been taken off runireland.com but will be back on later today for entrys. if any one experiences difficulties contact sean at 0872509520.

3 stars (average)
    runnerboy wrote: »
    just noticed its been taken off runireland.com but will be back on later today for entrys. if any one experiences difficulties contact sean at 0872509520.

I just entered using Git101's link and it worked for me.

I was wondering why I couldn't find entry on runireland.

Anyways, I've entered now.

4 stars (good)
    just a quick note we have received numerous enquiries about how to get from carlow to tinryland. a lot of people are using buses and trains to get to carlow. tinryland is only 3 miles from carlow and there is no direct link only for the use of taxis.an average cost of a taxi should be about 6 or 8 euro. hope this helps taxis can be got easy enough in carlow, outside train station and taxi rank outside dinn ri near bus stop.

4 stars (good)
    Just back from this race and I have to say well done Tinryland AC.

Well organised, fantastic route (very fast 1st mile :eek:) refreshments afterwards, started on time, etc,etc. Can't fault it in any way - even the weather was good (some wind but I won't mention that :D)

Loved it, well done lads.

@runnerboy, saw some photographers along the course (mustn't have been running fast enough if I noticed them) will the photos be posted on racepix or anywhere else on the web?

3 stars (average)
    Great race! Really well organised, nice route (7:04 first mile!).

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

4 stars (good)
    Some waffling and thoughts on the event from my point of view... blog post

4 stars (good)
    results should be on club site tinryland.ie later today. read gits blog very good description of race day. the course is 4 mile and 180 meters due to this being the traditional lap of the parish and the original course since 1980. it took me 35 secs from the 4 mile mark to the finish so you can amend your times accordingly. i was on to one of the photographers and hopefully he will forward on a link or send them on to us and we will put up on the club site. many thanks for all that competed and hope to see you again next year.

4 stars (good)
    http://www.tinryland.ie/index.php?sport/athletics/2010-08-29
    Results are on the above link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭aero2k

Really enjoyed this race, and runnerboy's course description above is spot-on.

It's a fairly well sheltered course, considering how blustery it was we didn't get blown around too much. Very safe and well marshalled too.

I'll put up the Garmin profile later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement