Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up monitors with Mbox 2 and Macbook!

• 03-03-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey guys, just a quick question about this!

I want to connect my Mbox to the monitors for use with Pro Tools so i know to do this i need to run TRS cables from the Mon outs on the Mbox to the TRS L and R on my monitors..but if i want to hear audio coming from my macbook as well do i have to have an RCA cable going from the headphones input of my Macbok to the line inputs on my monitor or should i be able to hear it by just using the TRS cables when the Mbox is plugged into the Macbook?

Sorry for the long winded question!

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Music Club

Hi There,

Just spotted your post now, dont know if you got sorted with the sound coming form your mackbook.

Go to system preferences on the Mac, Audio and switch the output to USB, that should sort ya out.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭JJV

Is it not a little more complicated than that? When Pro Tools is launched it will always look for & use the compatible hardware - The Mbox.

However in my experience of Digi 002s/003s & Mboxes you need to have installed the Digi Core Audio Driver to get audio from programmes like iTunes, Garageband & Safari etc through the Mbox. This is easily downloaded from the Digi/Avid site & used to come on the install disks.

I have found that this driver does not always launch with applications & sometimes you have to do it manually. Also if Pro Tools is launched it will completely hog the hardware & you will have to quit it before you can get audio out to the Mbox using the Core Audio driver.

www.jjvernon.com

Advertisement