Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ideas about getting decent broadband in dublin 2,please?

• 03-03-2010 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

hi,guys,
    just moved to an apartment in dublin 2, just wondering any good broadband providers i should go for , please. as most of people had very bad experience with UPC, (low speed and unstable connections and so on).

i use broadband for downloading and playing game on line, thus any suggestions,please? thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

I recommend Magnet.

Magnet are a DSL provider but they give you your own line so the speed shouldnt slow down at peak times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I had UPC broadband in D2 and thought it was the best service i'd ever had.Never disconnected or slowed down for over two years, i'd love to still be able to get UPC.
    From reading here everyone complaining about UPC tends to be on the top package, so once you go for one of the lower options it tends to be very stable. you can get magnet DSL but you will be paying twice the price for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

Ares wrote: »
    I had UPC broadband in D2 and thought it was the best service i'd ever had.Never disconnected or slowed down for over two years, i'd love to still be able to get UPC.
    From reading here everyone complaining about UPC tends to be on the top package, so once you go for one of the lower options it tends to be very stable. you can get magnet DSL but you will be paying twice the price for it.

thx for u replay, i had ntl broadband before, it was good to me with reasonable price, but i just moved to dublin 2, there was not a broadband in that place, but they have NTL cable TV, the connection was not stable at all, you know why, because my TV constantly lose pictures when the cable is fully connected. thus i am worried about the broadband, the came from the same box. :eek:

CS Hasuki wrote: »
    I recommend Magnet.

bundle price is quite good, but i only need broadband. it is kind of expensive to me, thx anyway

• Advertisement

Magnet are a DSL provider but they give you your own line so the speed shouldnt slow down at peak times...

nearly 64 euro a month for the bundle, TBH, :D

Advertisement