Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser Eye Surgery

• 03-03-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,

I had laser eye surgery two years ago and the pracitionerave me a receipt stapeled toa MED1form which was not filled out.

1) Is laser eye surgery an expense deductible against tax eligible for a refund?

2) Do I just enter my details on the Med1form or do I need to bring it back to the practitioner for signing/stamping before sending it to revenue?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

A1: It sure is

A2: either send in the completed form or register with PAYE Anytime and process it yourself.

No receipts are required by Revenue unless requested.

No further action with your GP is necessary, you have everything you need. Photocopies of P60/P45's relating to 2009 might be needed if your employer hasn't submitted your end of year income.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sam2005

Ricosruffneck, very clear and helpful reply thank you.

Advertisement