Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FS:Trek 1.2 (52cm) and accessories (locks, lights, etc.)

• 03-03-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Right...

Sister bought this bike last year around summer time from Joe Daly Cycles in Dundrum. Cost new was €729, looking for €480.

Used a few times on trips down to Dun Laoghaire, no epic spins or sportives. In fact this is the first bike I have just wheeled out of the garage and photographed then and there. The only thing I treated was a small scuff on the right hand shifter (pictured), sanded it down. Bike was never crashed, I think this is just from scraping the wall next to the garage. (The stuff on the cowl is cotton from the rag I was using to wipe away the sanded plastic, the cowl is not damaged).

She has since decided that due to work she won't have time to cycle and I can sell the bike for her.

Trek 1.2 Aluminium Frame with carbon fork. Condition is immaculate.
    Shmano Sora 9-speed drivetrain with FSA Vero compact (50/34) crankset.
    Selle San Marco Atola saddle (ladies' saddle).
    Standard Bontrager finishing kit and wheels.

Frame size of 52cm would suit man or woman between 5'6" and 5'9" though a male buyer would need a new saddle.

Available to view in South Dublin upon request.

106673.JPG
    106674.JPG
    106676.JPG

Also for sale are some of the accessories:

Look KEO Classic pedals - Fitted, tested and decided she didn't like clipless so these are basically like new (see photo - €40).
    Locks - Oxford Sentinel U-Lock (€20) and Oxford Viper cable lock (€30).
    Lights - Smart 3 LED Front and Rear Lights E-Line (€15).
    High viz belt - (€12).

106677.JPG
    106678.JPG

Willing to split on the accessories or sell all of them with the bike for €590

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

offer 50 for lgihts and look pedals

Next in line for pedals for asking.

Dirk, btw might be worth changing the title to say how you've other stuff for sale too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

abcdggs: Going to stick with the listed prices, I discounted everything by 1/3rd or slightly more from what was paid. Like I said, hardly used. Lights have not been used so batteries should be near full charge, if you're still interested let me know.

Donal: Offer accepted, let me know about picking them up, I can pop out to Blackrock some afternoon/evening.

Sweet, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

nah, was only really gonna get the lights with the pedals.

enjoy donal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mrfuncle

Hi,

I would be interested in buying the bike and would like to offer 425,

Cheers

Barry

480 is the lowest she is willing to go. I'm not even sure this bike has done over 100km.

I can do 480, I'll swap out the saddle for my old 4ZA stratos from my Orion. Colours don't match, but it's a decent saddle (didn't work for me, everyone is different) and I'll do a full check on the bike. I would call it a service but I'm not a bike mechanic, suffice it to say I have some idea of what I'm doing.

The saddle looks like this, retails for ~40 euro apparently:

orion_1_hi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mrfuncle

Sorry DirkVodoo,

Thats the max i can afford to pay at the moment, offer still stands if you are willing to settle, If not i will have to bow out!!!

Thanks though!

Barry.

mrfuncle wrote: »
    Sorry DirkVodoo,

Thats the max i can afford to pay at the moment, offer still stands if you are willing to settle, If not i will have to bow out!!!

Thanks though!

Barry.

Sorry to hear that Barry. The absolute lowest I could go is 460. You can see from the photos, especially the second one, that this bike is literally in as new condition. With a lot of second hand bikes you will inevitable be repairing/replacing parts that are near the end of their serviceable lives, this one has seen hardly any wear and tear on the drivetrain.

I think 460 is more than generous for a bike in this condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jellybean10

I am interested in viewing this bike if it is still available. :)

• Advertisement

It's still available, let me know when you would like to view it and we can set something up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jellybean10

Can I call you to set up a suitable time to view it?
    Is it possible to view this bike anytime?

Thanks

Hey Jellybean, I'll PM you my number.

Will you be looking at this bike with a view to commuting or racing/triathlons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Peterx

hiya. This bike looks perfect for a lad I know in work looking for a bike.
    Can I have a look at it maybe Thursday? (if still unsold)
    cheers,
    Peter

Peterx wrote: »
    hiya. This bike looks perfect for a lad I know in work looking for a bike.
    Can I have a look at it maybe Thursday? (if still unsold)
    cheers,
    Peter

Yep Peter that is fine. I may be cycling during the morning so afternoon or evening would be preferable.

BIKE SOLD.

Accessories still for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 weller1

Offer 40 for cable lock and two lights?

Hi Weller1,

the prices I listed there are discounted by approximately 33% off what I found online. As you can see here, the revolver costs 47 euro online from CRC. My sister paid more for it as she bought it in Dublin so I'm afraid the prices I have listed there are the lowest possible that I can drop to. The U locks was used once or twice but the Cable lock has never been used.

Sticking to my guns on the accessories, I will only accept offers of asking.

Fair enough. I found a couple of lights in my house yesterday so I'll take the lock at asking. Not available tomorrow but can pick up Friday or weekend.

weller1 wrote: »
    Fair enough. I found a couple of lights in my house yesterday so I'll take the lock at asking. Not available tomorrow but can pick up Friday or weekend.

Coolo, where are you based? I can probably drop it out if it's not too far?

• Advertisement

I'm in harold's cross? I'm around today if you're available?

Harold's cross...hmmm, not too familiar with it, would it be possible to meet by the swan centre in Rathmines? I can either meet around 5pm or 8pm, I'm busy in between those two times.

Pm sent

Oxford Viper cable lock SOLD.

STILL FOR SALE: U-Lock, lights and High viz belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    STILL FOR SALE: U-Lock, lights and High viz belt.

Offer asking for the 3

Hey Diarmuid, offer accepted!

The bracket for the front light was actually still on the bike I sold to the girl, I don't have her number any longer and she said she didn't use boards except to view the bike. I'll check tomorrow what bracket fits it, I'm pretty sure it's a 4 euro job off CRC. I can order it and give you the stuff when it arrives or give it to you minus the cost of the part and you can order it yourself.

Let me check in the morning anyway, I'm still reeling from Barcelona's no-show at the moment.

Advertisement