Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 - How to stop it connecting to O2 Data???

• 03-03-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have thee N97 connected to the O2 Network. However, I don't need it for web-browsing, downloading data etc. When I complete a phone-call a message pops up "Active packet data connection", and when I go to Connection Manager it appears to be connected, sometimes for several hours

It's drawing data, which is costing me money & it is running down the battery unnecessarily.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't have a Nokia n97 to hand so I can't go through the menu options but one of the easiest ways is to contact O2 and have them disable data on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its most likely email syncing. You can go to settings and change them so it doesn't want to sync anymore.

Or, you go can to menu>settings>connectivity>destinations>internet> then select 'o2 internet' > scroll to the bottom and change "use access point" to 'after confirmation'

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

@ Random, thank you. I tried that, but I am an End User on an O2 Corporate Package and the Data package is available to all Users.

@ Davy - Thank you, I will give your suggestion a shot.

It's driving me nuts, every time I hang up a call it activates the Data Packet connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    It's driving me nuts, every time I hang up a call it activates the Data Packet connection

Its actually connecting constantly, its just lapsing while a call is being made. As soon as the call ends, it will reconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Possible reasons may also include widgets on home screen - From Home screen, press options and there should be option to stay offline or get rid of the widgets altogether from the Home Screen

Other tips to save battery life
    1. Settings > Connectivity > Network > Network Mode > GSM
    2. Turn off WLAN scanning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks guys, in Network destinations I removed O2 as WAP services access point. I am happy to use Wifi when I need it.

Thanks again for the advice.

T

Advertisement