Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support Your University - 2010 Colours Match- Thurs 4th March 630 Donnybrook

Options
  • 03-03-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭

UCD

15: Michael Twomey (St. Michael's College)
    14: Terry Jones (Terenure College)
    13: Andy Cummiskey (St. Michael's College)
    12: Eoghan Conran (CBS Naas)
    11: Tom Fletcher (Clongowes Wood College SJ)
    10: Niall Earls (De la Salle Wicklow)
    9: Rob Shanley (St. Michael's College)

1: John A. Lee (Terenure College)
    2: Conor Geoghegan (St. Michael's College)
    3: Brian Hall (MSJ Roscrea)
    4: Ciaran Ruddock (Bishopston CS)
    5: Brian Cawley (Blackrock College)
    6: Shane Grannel (CBC Monkstown)
    7: Kevin Croke (CPC Kilcullen)
    8: Matt Nagle (Glenstal Abbey) CAPTAIN

Replacements from:
    Conor Mitchell (Belvedere College SJ), Risteard Byrne (Terenure College), Arthur Houlihan (Clongowes Wood College SJ), Rory Allwright (Sandford Park), Peter Du Toit (The King's Hospital), Richie Bent (St. Mary's College)

DUBLIN UNIVERSITY:

15: Andy Wallace (Terenure College)
    14: Neil Hanratty (Gonzaga College SJ)
    13: Conor Colclough (Belvedere College SJ)
    12: Conor Mills (Newpark CS)
    11: Colin Murphy (Belvedere College SJ)
    10: Dave Joyce (C.C. Roscrea)
    9: Mick McLoughlin (Clongowes Wood College SJ)

1: Tristan Goodbody (CUS)
    2: Mark Murdock (CBS Monkstown)
    3: James Gethings (Gonzaga College)
    4: Scott LaValla (Budd Bay HS, Olympia, WA, USA)
    5: Pierce Byrne (C.C. Roscrea)
    6: Alan Mathews (Kilkenny College)
    7: Johnny Iliff (St Colman's College, Newry) CAPTAIN
    8: Brian Coyle (Clongowes Wood College SJ)

Replacements from:
    Craig Telford (The King's Hospital), Paddy McCabe (Belvedere College SJ), Max Waters (St Andrews College), Dominic Gallagher (Rathmore GS Dunmurry), Tim McCoy (Belvedere College SJ), Richard Brady (Foyle and Londonderry), Dermot O'Riordan (Castleknock College)

€10 on the night or €5 tickets are also on sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Any idea where i can get the €5 ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

There should be someone selling them in UCD student bar tomorrow or in madigans of donnybrook before hand. There may even be a few doing the rounds outside before kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Good luck guys. There was a great turn out off 1sts at our J4 colours, you're support was greatly appreciated - I'll be down returning the favour. Can't wait for it.

Make sure to put those upstarts in their place!

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Good luck guys. There was a great turn out off 1sts at our J4 colours, you're support was greatly appreciated - I'll be down returning the favour. Can't wait for it.

Make sure to put those upstarts in their place!

Will do bush will do glad you appreciated the support!!!

Will do bush will do glad you appreciated the support!!!

Not sure the ref felt the same way, seemed to piss him off! Was good having the support though, especially in the last few mintutes when we did our best to lose the game :o There was some good quacking as well.

Anyways, good luck tonight - I have money on it so you better come good ;)

• Advertisement

Emphatic 28 -8 victory for Collidge!

Great stuff guys, brilliant performance. I'm sure you're currently getting very, very drunk :D

Think I saw you go off injured Mal? Hope it wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

I think this is in order!

TRINITY...Shight
    TRINITY...Shight
    TRINITY...Shight....
    ...Wake up Trinity, oh what can it mean to a West British Wanker, who can't spell U-C-D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

What the conditions for playing in this match? Do you have to be a current full time student enrolled in the university? Do graduates play? Couple of guys there are older than me so unless they're Medics (some are)Phds (possible) or took a very scenic route (:)) surely they're grads.

Not trying to undermine anyone's achievement just wondering. Missed the game myself I'd have loved to have watched.

congrats

"We hate Trinity College,
    We hate UCC too,
    We hate Queen's University,
    but Colllidge we love you!":D

• Advertisement

What the conditions for playing in this match? Do you have to be a current full time student enrolled in the university? Do graduates play? Couple of guys there are older than me so unless they're Medics (some are)Phds (possible) or took a very scenic route (:)) surely they're grads.

Not trying to undermine anyone's achievement just wondering. Missed the game myself I'd have loved to have watched.

congrats

Both UCD and Trinity are open clubs, like any other club in Ireland, in that anyone who wants can play for them. However teams are almost entirely made up of guys who are either in UCD or are UCD alumni.

Trinity and UCD are both in the same league (AIL Div 2) this year so the match doubled up as a league match and the annual colours match. So extra sweet to win it :D

I think this is in order...

Yerrawaddie Yerrawaddie Yup Yup Yup,
    Horum Harum, hup hup hup,
    Ha Ha Ha,
    He He He,
    Yerrawaddie Yerrawaddie U-C-D
    With a hey nonnie nonnie, and a ha cha cha
    Collaiste na h-Ollscoil ra ra ra
    C-O-L-L-I-D-G-E
    Collidge!

Trintity shite! Trinty shite! Trinity shite!

Emphatic 28 -8 victory for Collidge!

Great stuff guys, brilliant performance. I'm sure you're currently getting very, very drunk :D

Think I saw you go off injured Mal? Hope it wasn't too bad.

3 Stitches just a pain in the arse alright!! Also I don't think UCD are open not officially anyway , you are supposed to have went to UCD I believe! Of course the rules are bent sometimes!!!!

3 Stitches just a pain in the arse alright!! Also I don't think UCD are open not officially anyway , you are supposed to have went to UCD I believe! Of course the rules are bent sometimes!!!!

This might have been tried before, but it back fired big time...;)

Glad its not too serious!

We have a guy from Trinity (:eek:) playing on our team, has been for about three years, fully registered and our coaches and manager have never said its not allowed... couple of guys who have come up to dublin to work are playing with us who never went to UCD... Same thing with them.

Might be different at Junior level to Senior level though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

From the AIL perspective, it's immaterial to them whether players are students of the university or not. All that matters is they're members of the AIL club known as UCD. In the AIL, strictly speaking you're not representing UCD, you representing UCD rugby club.

Be that as it may, I was under the impression that for the colours games colleges only played students. For a time Jamie Heaslip was playing for Trinity while studying himself in DCU. I don't think he partook in any of the colours games.

From the AIL perspective, it's immaterial to them whether players are students of the university or not. All that matters is they're members of the AIL club known as UCD. In the AIL, strictly speaking you're not representing UCD, you representing UCD rugby club.

Be that as it may, I was under the impression that for the colours games colleges only played students. For a time Jamie Heaslip was playing for Trinity while studying himself in DCU. I don't think he partook in any of the colours games.

Its not to do with AIL regulations its whether UCD Rugby club is considered open or closed. Trinity is an open club (i.e anyone can play hence the Jaime Heaslip situation and I think he did play in some colours games and you don't have to be a student to play in the colours, past students can play) I just thought officially UCD Rugby Club was a closed club (i.e not open to everybody but former or current UCD students or students who sign letters of intent , this happens at 20's) . AIL I agree don't care about wether you ever went to UCD but the club itself might (as I said I'm not 100% sure!)

WeeBush I think the situation with the super 4's may be more a case of what John doesn't know won't hurt him.

WeeBush I think the situation with the super 4's may be more a case of what John doesn't know won't hurt him.

We're a law unto ourselves :D

We're a law unto ourselves :D

Tell me about it any chance you'll take pistol off our hands?

Advertisement