Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkfish Recipes

Options
  • 03-03-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hiall!

Looking for a fancy monkfish recipe for a dinner party! I am not a fan of tomotos or olives but anything else would be great. Any suggestions? I LOVE white wine in everything btw :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Whatchya got? Big whole tail? Or some fillets? If you can get a whole tail boned but with the fillets atill attached on either side, there is a great looking recipe from Tamasin Day-Lewis for Roasted, stuffed monkfish. I can copy it out, but its basically adding roasted red peppers or piquillo peppers and anchovies to the middle where the backbone was. The whole thing is rubbed with saffron liquer and sprinkled with fresh thyme; then tied and roasted for 35 minutes for a huge piece (5lbs).

The cooking juices are used to make a suace with lemon pieces, capers and parsley. The recipe is in Good Tempered Food. Looks stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I'm thinking of doing it with a white wine creamy sauce. Does anyone have a SUPER recipe for this? I'm thinking fish stock, shallots, white wine and cream, maybe a bit of garlic thrown in.

Any ammendments?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Just bought some fillets out in Howth looking for a nice way doing them also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,462 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I made this once and it's absolute belter, the best recipe for monkfish I've ever tried

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/159/f-word-s1-recipe2.jsp

duploelabs wrote: »
    I made this once and it's absolute belter, the best recipe for monkfish I've ever tried

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/159/f-word-s1-recipe2.jsp

Thanks Gordan but im am looking for something a bit easiereir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

smear with red pepper pesto, a few basil leaves, wrap in parma ham and roast.

tscul32 wrote: »
    smear with red pepper pesto, a few basil leaves, wrap in parma ham and roast.

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm sounds nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Fry off some diced chorizo, add in some spring onions.

Add a knob of butter and then add in the fish

When the fish is cooked, remove add a splash of white wine, salt, pepper and some fresh parsley (to create a type of gravy).

Serve with mashed potatoes. The chorizo is amazing with the fish and mash.

Dinkie wrote: »
    Fry off some diced chorizo, add in some spring onions.

Add a knob of butter and then add in the fish

When the fish is cooked, remove add a splash of white wine, salt, pepper and some fresh parsley (to create a type of gravy).

Serve with mashed potatoes. The chorizo is amazing with the fish and mash.

This sounds glorious. I'll do this again, the dinner party is over now. I would imagine that this would work with any white fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Yep! I've done it with chicken and pork also.

• Advertisement

Hey just wanted to let you know Dinkie that I did this - I added in chopped baby potatoes instead of the mash. Words can't describe. I can still smell it in the air and it's glorious. Do you have any more tips like this?

homer+drool+2.gif

Advertisement