Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I claim the dole?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am currently in a one year long PLC course and I am receiving a VEC grant which covers my rent. Once I am finished my course I am afraid that I may not be able to find work straight away so would I be allowed to claim the dole directly after finishing a PLC course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damama

sorry i cant help but im pretty much in the same position except im finishing college so can i claim the dole when i finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damama

Actually just read the FAQ and its seems we can cause we will be finsihed college. so if like me your finishing the summer holiday we could apply for jobseekers allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Yes you both can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Was just about to ask this :D Finished my final year in a month so would be handy to get a bit of money while looking for a job :)

Advertisement