Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert in my Late 30s?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ok. Never sat the Leaving, left and got a job. Thought I was great of course. Eh, not really now though. Have a job but know I can do better. Isn't it supposed to be a good time to get into education? How about going back at my age and onto college? How would it work money wise? Cheers for any info. I'm fluent in Irish and quite good at English so have2 of the 6 hoepfully kind of decent. Could I sit it in one year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

galgirlgal wrote: »
    Ok. Never sat the Leaving, left and got a job. Thought I was great of course. Eh, not really now though. Have a job but know I can do better. Isn't it supposed to be a good time to get into education? How about going back at my age and onto college? How would it work money wise? Cheers for any info. I'm fluent in Irish and quite good at English so have2 of the 6 hoepfully kind of decent. Could I sit it in one year?

It'd be very intense to do in one year. There's a lot of coursework for Irish and English, but if you've got the languages down then you're off to a good start. What about another language? You tend to need one to get into college these days; not for every course, but for a good few.
    Would you do it at home or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Doing the likes of HL Maths in one year would be very difficult to achieve. It wouldn't be impossible if you say started now for LC 2011.

That's about 15 months which should be more than enough to study the subjects you want to do.

Afaik you don't HAVE to do any subjects if you're an external applicant. But it depends on what university you want to go to and what are the course requirements. Then you could tailor your subjects to what you need and only that.

Advertisement