Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Server Media Kit

Options
  • 03-03-2010 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I want to do a Windows SBS Premium 2008 to 2003 downgrade but can't get my hands on a media. MS say get it from distributor, distributor says get it from MS, I'm in the middle empty handed. Anyone know where I can get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Try Micromail.ie in Cork, we use them a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Micro Mail have said that they don't do the kits but that it is downloadable from the MS volume website. My licences are OEM, so that's no good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

Have you tried going back to the server manufacturer. That would be the next port of call..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

In the meantime, from here: http://bit.ly/aK9aQr

Q. What are downgrade rights? How do I exercise them?
    A.
    Downgrade rights, in general, mean that you can use an earlier version of the software acquired. For Small Business Server, this means you are allowed to install and use SBS 2003 R2 Premium Edition instead of SBS 2008 Premium Edition which is what you purchased; you can also install and use SBS 2003 R2 Standard Edition instead of SBS 2008 Standard Edition. At any time, you can install the software you purchased and cease to use the earlier version. If you obtained your server with Small Business Server preinstalled from a partner or OEM, in order to exercise your downgrade rights you must already have the earlier versions of Small Business Server media available.

So, I call them at installation and get a key?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

Do you have any way of geting your hands on the installation discs if you have a partner pack you could use them discs. And then ring and get the media key...

Curious as to why you are downgrading. Also what kind of a server is it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement