Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LMAO...Some say you still get them but I really dont think so......:(.
    This new patch is a disgrace...it really is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMAO...Some say you still get them but I really dont think so......:(.
    This new patch is a disgrace...it really is.

I think I may have gotten them--but I had to finish a full round after about another 10 disconnects and let the stats update.

But at least my disconnects have stopped (I think)--Although Mrs Hellrazer isnt too impressed with 50-60 foot of cat 5 trailing through the house everytime Im having a quick game though :D:D:D

She`d be less impressed if I started ripping floors up and drilling walls though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hellrazer wrote: »
    But at least my disconnects have stopped (I think)--Although Mrs Hellrazer isnt too impressed with 50-60 foot of cat 5 trailing through the house everytime Im having a quick game though :D:D:D

She should have been aware of the risk before marrying you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ponster wrote: »
    She should have been aware of the risk before marrying you.

Ah you see I didnt start online gaming until a few years after that--surprised she didnt divorce me.Started with BF1942 and Desert combat.Sure the first Tig clan match was a DC one--Karma/Fairy/Jim/Data I think would remember that one (if Ive missed anyone apologies)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ah you see I didnt start online gaming until a few years after that--surprised she didnt divorce me.Started with BF1942 and Desert combat.Sure the first Tig clan match was a DC one--Karma/Fairy/Jim/Data I think would remember that one (if Ive missed anyone apologies)

Nice.

Mine started with Soldier of Fortune 2.

She wanted "Fire in the hole !" to be one of our wedding vows.

• Advertisement

I think I may have gotten them--but I had to finish a full round after about another 10 disconnects and let the stats update.

She`d be less impressed if I started ripping floors up and drilling walls though.

Maybe the cat5 cable running 60 feet is the problem, there is a limit you can run it before the signal drops. I ues to sell this **** you think I can remember the distance. Plus if you have the PC far away from the telephone point it causes problems too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Maybe the cat5 cable running 60 feet is the problem, there is a limit you can run it before the signal drops. I ues to sell this **** you think I can remember the distance. Plus if you have the PC far away from the telephone point it causes problems too.

100m (in practice 90 to 95m) is the limit for Cat5 under Ethernet, so 60ft isn't anywhere near a problem.

Ahh well there you go then...I knew their was a limit of some description.;)

Im probably over exagerating the 60 foot--more like 25 or so.But my problem is/was that every time I got the "disconnected from the server" message the wireless signal was lost aswell ie connection to router was lost message.

I thought it might have been a router/wireless problem but last night I played BF2 for a couple of hours and not one connection drop on wireless--Played BC2 for 10 minutes and the connection dropped and wireless signal gone again.

Plugged in the cat 5 and was able to play without any problems.

Seems like a strange one but its repeatable since the new patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Im probably over exagerating the 60 foot--more like 25 or so.But my problem is/was that every time I got the "disconnected from the server" message the wireless signal was lost aswell ie connection to router was lost message.

I thought it might have been a router/wireless problem but last night I played BF2 for a couple of hours and not one connection drop on wireless--Played BC2 for 10 minutes and the connection dropped and wireless signal gone again.

Plugged in the cat 5 and was able to play without any problems.

Seems like a strange one but its repeatable since the new patch.

Funny that you mention the Wireless dropping, I've been noticing that with my connection as well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Spear wrote: »
    100m (in practice 90 to 95m) is the limit for Cat5 under Ethernet, so 60ft isn't anywhere near a problem.

Thats the limit per cable due to power loss/degredation. You can add a powered switch in between each one of them to dailychain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Myself and my cub play together on the TiG server. If I am already on the server and he joins I get kicked, and vice versa. I'm on an ethernet connection and he is on wireless upstairs from the same modem. Could be down to the hardware firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is the server down, I crashed to desktop there and I cant get back in, says server is not online for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Same for me now too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Wonda Boy did it. Him and his M60.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

let me know if it picks back up and ill come back in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

new server version
    R8 Change list:

- Workaround for the “player manages to join server twice” crash. Now the server detects this and refuses the player entry. Client might hang but it will not take down the server as well.

- Workaround for the “cannot join player to any team” crash. Teams might get uneven, most notably SQDM sessions with 5v3 players, but the server should no longer crash.

- Game sends PB output to pbucon (so pb webtool can be used to run PB commands and see their results)

Please note that I will be testing BFBC2Guardian tonight as an admin tool. It will automatically warn the larger team 3 times if the teams are unbalanced. It will then kick the last joined player on that team. Pain in the hole but such is life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I've a noob question but how do I use the IP and port to connect in game? Can't find the option to use it from the menus. :/

• Advertisement

Ry wrote: »
    I've a noob question but how do I use the IP and port to connect in game? Can't find the option to use it from the menus. :/

You cant I'm afraid. Best is to do a full search, then type in Irish in the search box and search. Or add a player who plays a lot on the server as a friend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TheFairy wrote: »
    You cant I'm afraid. Best is to do a full search, then type in Irish in the search box and search. Or add a player who plays a lot on the server as a friend.

Check the names thread for plenty of ingame names, who'll all turn up there at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ry wrote: »
    So this is your new vice eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Jim wrote: »
    So this is your new vice eh?

Nooooooo Don't look at me!!!

*runs away*...

Jumpy wrote: »
    Wonda Boy did it. Him and his M60.

Man..I get some abuse about that M60!!! I dont even use it now much....lovin the M3 and the RATE OF FIRE its insane. If it was a tad more accurate it be super.:D

BTW>

Has anyone seen the SPAS 12 shotgun bug...I swear this is gonna absolute DESTROY the game if it catches on. You use the "sacrifice power for range add on & the aim add on" and you can literally get one shot kills from a mental distance....I already accused one guy the night before for blatant hacking with it. I am talking not even a chance to fire before you selecting respawn....myself an Ridire where doing it yesterday on the empty [TiG] server.

Has anyone seen the SPAS 12 shotgun bug...I swear this is gonna absolute DESTROY the game if it catches on. You use the "sacrifice power for range add on & the aim add on" and you can literally get one shot kills from a mental distance....I already accused one guy the night before for blatant hacking with it. I am talking not even a chance to fire before you selecting respawn....myself an Ridire where doing it yesterday on the empty [TiG] server.

I've seen a video of what appears to be the same thing occurring with the Neostead as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I was doing that yesterday with the Neostead. Sniper shotgun ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Man..I get some abuse about that M60!!! I dont even use it now much....lovin the M3 and the RATE OF FIRE its insane. If it was a tad more accurate it be super.:D

BTW>

Yeah that was pretty mental, Unreal Distance on SPAS 12 for kill shots! Should have used fraps to make a video of it!

Er...no you should not have. Coz it was my white ass getting ****in PWND, Must have been mental to stay on that server against you two. Rightly pissed up my K : D ratio fookin around in helicopter etc....with you two loons.

Any who...add me in BFBC2 (...Wonda 3oy)game ridire...and on steam (wondaboy007)

Inld the 3 full stops for BFBC2 (dont ask). :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Posted this in the wrong thread, should have been here

The Neostead in use with slugs, taking down choppers and one hitting people at long range.

Advertisement