Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive never had any hit reg issues on any server tbh.
    I connect with enough bullets they die, when i dont they live - simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Having issues myself, not sure its server side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well that was some frustrating games, enemy team stacking up on the 40mill grenade love, most annoying thing ever.

I assume this "boards tourny" will have rulesets against all the noob **** in this game

Like stacking your kit for 40mill
    Shotgun of death
    Everyone with m60's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

M60s not a problem TBH if you can shoot straight...;) I was on the server today with cMan and the hits were well off. Its like shooting and the wind it blowing the bullets to the side and no X mark saying your hitting!

Also...

I cant believe the amount of people using grenade launchers to kill infantry...that is PURE NOOB IMHO. And then the same peeps on about the M60 being overpowered...ffs. :eek:

Kettle....Pot...Black....Calling....The....you get the idea. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No hit reg issues for me. I am loving this M95 with the damage addon.
    Watching a heli pilot drop out of the cockpit after a nice shot is brilliant.

I want to rank up the other classes, but I cant bear to stop using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    M60s not a problem TBH if you can shoot straight...;) I was on the server today with cMan and the hits were well off. Its like shooting and the wind it blowing the bullets to the side and no X mark saying your hitting!

Also...

I cant believe the amount of people using grenade launchers to kill infantry...that is PURE NOOB IMHO. And then the same peeps on about the M60 being overpowered...ffs. :eek:

Kettle....Pot...Black....Calling....The....you get the idea. :p

I just quit earlier it was so ****

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I think its ok to use a noob tube in certain circumstance's! But not all the time.

Oh and is the TiG Server down??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

Greyed out for me at the minute ?

Fixored teh server. Current rental arrangement is unti 03/04, and we have discussed moving it, however I'm not 100% sure its down to hosting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EA master server just fall over now instead?

• Advertisement

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    I think its ok to use a noob tube in certain circumstance's! But not all the time.

Oh and is the TiG Server down??

When could it be at all possible to use an RPG to kill a man!!!! WHEN? The only thing I can think of is if you are lining up a tank shot and someone runs around the corner at you....thats it. Anything else is piss poor skillz :rolleyes:

Thats just me...each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Spear wrote: »
    The Neostead in use with slugs, taking down choppers and one hitting people at long range.

Sadly yes ... completely overpowered and in great need of tweaking ... A monkey could use it and it unbalanced greatly the game imo. Mind you i cant wait to try it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

I cant believe the amount of people using grenade launchers to kill infantry...that is PURE NOOB IMHO.

See Shotgun with slugs shots video, extreme noob weapon also .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TheDoc wrote: »
    Like stacking your kit for 40mill
    Shotgun of death
    Everyone with m60's
    Once I get to keep my C4 and rockets, I'll be happy. Nothing, IMO, says "BOO", like a rocket to the face :D

What about a rocket to the A>SS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

When could it be at all possible to use an RPG to kill a man!!!! WHEN? The only thing I can think of is if you are lining up a tank shot and someone runs around the corner at you....thats it. Anything else is piss poor skillz :rolleyes:

Thats just me...each to their own.

I got minced a couple of times yesterday by engineers jumping around corners firing the RPG right in the face.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I got minced a couple of times yesterday by engineers jumping around corners firing the RPG right in the face.....

Sorry I was aiming for the tank behind you :o

Sorry I was aiming for the tank behind you :o

lol the tank must have up the stairs so!

Yeah...its a total joke. All they have to do is take away the splash damage of the CG and its useless as it would have to be a direct hit.

Another bad flaw TBH....ahh well. :rolleyes:

Yeah...its a total joke. All they have to do is take away the splash damage of the CG and its useless as it would have to be a direct hit.

Another bad flaw TBH....ahh well. :rolleyes:

You're gonna get this sort of thing in any game though. the GL at least has a VERY low rate of fire, and can only hold 3 until you have to reload.

Not everything is gonna be perfect for everyone.

• Advertisement

Yeah dubs, but if you have a team and one half are doing the shotgun glitch and the other half are rocket launching faces...what type of game you got.

The other night on the [TiG] server I could not understand how an enemy tank was raping for so long when everyone around me was an ENGI.....until I ran around the corner and seen them all on roofs shooting the men not the TANKS....ROFLMAO :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The grenade launchers limited ammo capacity is completely nullified by the fact the assault class gets the ammo box, all you do is plop an ammo box down where you are and then nade spam any area you want.

They should have given the assault class the medic gear and then the machine gunner should remain the support class like other battlefield games with the ammo box.

You could of course still nade spam but at least it would require even the tiniest amount of teamwork which is better than solo nade spamming being too easy to accomplish.

I suppose the gripe I have is that if you watch these peeps actually doing the GL noob tube, its great for K : D's I suppose but it totally fooks up the team as you are effectively down a player.

Now, I know not everyone who does this stands around scratching waiting for an easy kill but its few and far between.

As they usually stand in the one spot high up, so they are not running around with backup etc. and actively doing the engi job. Have you ever seen the amount of engi on the snow maps playing rush. I mean there is only one tank on the whole map....lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd suggest two changes to sort the noob tubers out.

1: add the arming time, just as they did in BF2. Most 40mm grenades need to travel either 10 or 25 metres before arming. If this were the case, people would be less likely to use them as a default weapon, especially if they though they were about to come face to face with someone.

2: Add the ammo box to the medic, making them choose either to heal or resupply. Tubers would be less inclined to waste nades if they're not so easily resupplied.

1st suggestion deffo, 2nd one not so much. Or make both the 40mm nade and the RPG's direct hit kills only. That way it would not be worth the hassle, its the CG splash damage that makes it so silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

You cant make the grenade launcher direct hit only, that would make them worthless and unrealistic as it would be better to just shoot with your gun.

The problem is not that they cause splash damage, the problem is that they are effectively unlimited in use thanks to the ammo box coming with them effectively making them infinite ammo.

Remove the GL carrier having the ammo box and make another team player have to give them the ammo and the game would be instantly more balanced, it wouldnt prevent it completely but it would stop the mortar tactic from being used so frequently.

Fair enough not the 40mm GL but deffo the other large tank GL's.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Spear wrote: »
    I'd suggest two changes to sort the noob tubers out.

1: add the arming time, just as they did in BF2. Most 40mm grenades need to travel either 10 or 25 metres before arming. If this were the case, people would be less likely to use them as a default weapon, especially if they though they were about to come face to face with someone.

2: Add the ammo box to the medic, making them choose either to heal or resupply. Tubers would be less inclined to waste nades if they're not so easily resupplied.

Number 1 is already in the game. I've lost count of the number of times my grenades don't explode at close range. They normally only kill within 10 metres if its a direct hit and its the grenade doing the killing then, because there is no explosion. I'm not a noob tuber by the way, but i have been surprised at close range when i was shooting at other guys. :p

Rock Paper Scissors

Thats how this game should be, like all other BF games. Everything should have something to counteract it. The game is broken in this respect, and will remain so imo.

On the other hand we have Arica Harbour Conquest to play now, its a small map in and around the town. Do we have a new Karkand / Masthur City maybe?

Looking forward to giving it a go tonight!

• Advertisement

Gaunty wrote: »
    Number 1 is already in the game. I've lost count of the number of times my grenades don't explode at close range. They normally only kill within 10 metres if its a direct hit and its the grenade doing the killing then, because there is no explosion. I'm not a noob tuber by the way, but i have been surprised at close range when i was shooting at other guys. :p

It's there but it's only for the first 0.3 seconds, meaning the arm range is still fairly short.

Advertisement