Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I really don't see why people whine so much about the GL. This isn't a typical FPS there are rockets; grenades, tanks and helis amongst other things. It's not supposed to be 'fair'. Sure it's annoying to be insta-killed but that can happen in plenty of other instances too. I think the limited ammo and incredibly slow reload time more than make up for the killing power. It frustrates me when people camp waiting for someone to kill with the GL but there's not much you can do that wont also punish those who don't use it like that.
    The GL is so handy and definitely has its place in the game especially for killing enemies hiding behind cover and clearing out engineers standing behind tanks.
    Also am I gonna do the usual strafing and jumping dance if I run out of ammo after firing on someone and need to reload? Like hell I am, I'll just switch to the GL and finish them off with that. War is hell gentlemen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well I whine coz its not the way the game was intended to be played. Why beta test if peeps are gonna run around with GL to kill infantry ffs. Why whine about the M60 been accurate when the GL is 100% kill all the time....no skillz involved. I am not saying it has no place in the game, just use it for what it was intended for and make to game as realistic and as fun as possible.

Why have sniper rifles when a shotgun with a glitch can do the job and some....why moan about CTD's as it seems to be the norm with BF games. And to be honest mate if you run outta ammo with someone on top of you you aint gonna have time to switch to a CG launcher...and fire one off.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Rock Paper Scissors

Thats how this game should be, like all other BF games. Everything should have something to counteract it. The game is broken in this respect, and will remain so imo.

On the other hand we have Arica Harbour Conquest to play now, its a small map in and around the town. Do we have a new Karkand / Masthur City maybe?

Looking forward to giving it a go tonight!

Only for every mongo to be standing there with a CG and no gameplay...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As abused and overused as the noobtube is, it could be worse (video stolen from Tallon)

WTF....shocking....!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I got n00b tuned about 100 times last night by pr1cks with AT weapons. Seriously like, WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The noob tube normally doesnt bother me but last night brought it to a whole new level for me. I logged onto a public server and over the course of 1 conquest round I was killed 12 times, 9 by noob tube and 3 by m60. Take from that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I got n00b tuned about 100 times last night by pr1cks with AT weapons. Seriously like, WTF?
    Engineer is the main class I play (pretty much the only one I can play) and since the SMG's are not the best at long range I use rockets as my long range weapon against infantry.

(The SMG's aren't actually too bad at long range, better than other games, they just take too many shots to kill anyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I dont mind being noob tubed or RPG'd. Each class has its perks and its up to the player to utalize each and every advantage given to him/her in an effort to win.

Heck, Last thing on my mind is that your having a good firefight against me. I want you lying cold and still on the ground infront of me by any means.

That being said I generally play Medic myself with +health and +Range medic kits because, heres a shocker, I actually heal and revive everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Jim wrote: »
    Engineer is the main class I play (pretty much the only one I can play) and since the SMG's are not the best at long range I use rockets as my long range weapon against infantry.

(The SMG's aren't actually too bad at long range, better than other games, they just take too many shots to kill anyone)

From a distance, I can sort of understand - but I was getting 'tubed' in close quarters... grrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Jim wrote: »

You use rockets for everything :)

The amount of times you rocketed me in the face last night was insane.

I wonder what will happen if I have a look through this wind...POOOOOM

Jumpy wrote: »
    You use rockets for everything :)

The amount of times you rocketed me in the face last night was insane.

I wonder what will happen if I have a look through this wind...POOOOOM
    :pac:

Me and windows dont mix.

I thought a good few times "I dont think he saw me" before the rocket hit.

Jim,

The engi class has some absolute UBER SMG weapons....if you use the handling add on it improves the range and recoil therefore making it good at long range. If you use the magnum add on you get better stopping power close range.

I got hammered multiple times at very close range by you last night at very close quarters, long range does not even come into it.....

People think, are sure whats the big deal its only me doing it no harm no foul. But then you have the other 10 doing it in the same game so the effect is multiplied across a small 24 man server.

:(

I'm pretty good with the SMG long range, once you handle your recoil right you can pick people off pretty easily. It just takes a lot of hits with it before they hit the floor, that's why I prefer rockets.

Also, as Jumpy said, its much quicker than trying to shoot someone through a window.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I'm with Jim on this one, I see nothing wrong for targeting infantry at long range or inside houses with the CG, thats kinda what that rocket is designed for anyway. I ofc use the smg close range, its actually a great gun in close but only 20 bullets is a right pain, I might switch to a scar or something.

Exactly emphesis on LONG RANG....Hell even medium range.I was less then a couple of feet eating CG last night constantly by about 5 different players on the one side.

How do you play against this...simple. Do the shotgun glitch on them which is even more effective, then you end up with a pure ****ty server.

:(

KARMA said:-

I'm with Jim on this one, I see nothing wrong for targeting infantry at long range or inside houses with the CG, thats kinda what that rocket is designed for anyway.

This is not what we are on about Karma m8.....the total opposite infact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

New to the game and I have noticed on a lot of servers that the explosives ord seems to be used an awful lot for close quarter fighting.

Never really used it myself to be honest as I'm all but useless with it. I think maybe if there was a limit put on how much you could use it (i.e. once every 5 mins or something) then ppl would probably use it for what it's designed for and there would'nt be an over reliance on using it to kill ppl. Might bring a bit more skill into the game which it seems to be sorely lacking at the moment.

I'm on the server on my own atm if anyone fancies filling it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Great craic today had a very intense moment in the middle of 5-6 enemies killed all 6 3 with knife 2 with Thompson and the last with pistol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was playing the medic class last night. Reviving people, and shooting them with an M60 (or the gun after the M60) at longish range. By longish, I mean that they were about .5cm tall :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive religiously been using the non overpowered weapons as i always try to do in an fps.
    I always like to master the so called more dificult weapons,weapons that some call crap,i say no weapon is crap in the right hands :)

Anyways lastnight i stuck with the medic class and K/D ratio went through the roof.
    Theres no way these weapons should be destroying the assault weapons but they are,Dice please add some decent recoil to the these weapons atleast.
    Theres no way an M60 can be fired from the hip crouched or standing with similar recoil to an assault rifle.
    I guess this is a symptom of getting rid of prone which in itself is a great plus in general.
    I realise BC2 is not a realism shooter like ARMA, Red Orchestra etc but they label it a semi realistic shooter.
    Its such a shame because most of the other weapons are pretty spot on, except for the noobtube with the explosive damage perk thingy, thats silly too imo.
    At one stage using the M60 i hit 52/12 in a round where normally with assault id be about 25/16 or thereabouts.

Still enjoying the game a lot,just wish they would sort a few issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Good games tonight, bit unbalanced at the end, and then it turned into 40mil and carl gustav noob feast so i called it quits. even shotguns made an appearance :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

The shotguns with the bullet damage increase is ridiculous tied into the accuracy and range of the basic shotguns.

R0ot wrote: »
    The shotguns with the bullet damage increase is ridiculous tied into the accuracy and range of the basic shotguns.

I tried the shotguns with the slugs and damage increase and got my ass kicked. I couldnt hit a thing. At all. Which is odd because I fire the M95 from the hip at close range and can hit fine.
    I had to use the Saiga in the end and it still took 4 hits to kill with it.

I agree with the majority of what you say Cully. But for me, I only use the M60 with the Magnum ammo when the noobs are in FULL FLOW. There is no way I am being cannon fodder for someone with no skillz that just run around with a CG on the shoulder NO WAY.

I mean Cpt Neptune noobed me from the ROOF of spawn point C when I was capping a flag at A on the Panama Canal map with a ****ING SHOTGUN GLITCH....How to you play against that!

The medic guns to have recoil when in FULL AUTO but the barrell add on reduces this alot. Also the medic guns have a better SPREAD so can kill alot of peeps shooting from hip but they must be close.

TBH you cant argue that the medic guns are owerpowered when peeps are using rocket launchers to kill infantry!!!! Its up to us to keep a balanced server and that means glitches aswell as numbers on teams etc...every class has its perks and the assauly has the 40mm nade to deals with M60 medics. And the Assault A9N with the magnum add on is just as scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

At the end of the day, its not cheating, just because they have left guns way overpowered isnt a players fault.

You just hope for a bit of " gentelmanly agreement" when your on a server that has a community behind it like this one.

There was alot of faces here noob tubing and shotgunning to **** :/ At the end of the day it just drives away your decent player base, cant get my lads onto the server at all, and they arnt interested in that little tourny either, for fear of the mass 40milling : /

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I mean Cpt Neptune noobed me from the ROOF of spawn point C when I was capping a flag at A on the Panama Canal map with a ****ING SHOTGUN GLITCH....How to you play against that!

Lmao "noobed" you did I? If anything I deserve a pat on the back for that as it's damn hard to get a one shot kill with the slug rounds, without the luxury of a scope too! And how exactly is it a glitch? If you read the in-game description for the slug ammo you'll see that you're getting the benefit of long range shots, something you can't have with buckshot. The price being they are vastly harder to hit with as you don't have the spray effect.

I think the hate for the shotgun slug ammo is because of those youtube videos. If you try it for yourself you'll see that it's nowhere nearly as easy as they make it out to be. The target pretty much has to be standing still and even then the shot usually only wounds meaning they start moving. Any headshots I get are purely down to luck, unless it's close range, and only account for a fraction of my kills.

Besides I only got you once in that whole game if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Theres no point in having issues with anyone using any kit in the game, have a moan to yourself and move on is the best way. I do use the noob tube from time to time, and like playing the medic, however I try and not use the heavy machine guns when doing so. I've been playing medic with the G3 and it works ok for me, its not overpowered and just about right.

I feel that most weapons are still under powered. Either that or the hit reg is really ****. The number of times I've got behind someone and emptied the gun only for him to turn around and nail me is beyond a joke. As bad as the hit reg in BF2 was that never ever happened.

Maybe we should give hardcore a run on the server? It wouldn't hurt to see how it runs. I've said it before, all the game needs is a kit limiting system and it would be perfect.

Advertisement