Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I find hardcore gives a nice balance myself. One shot sniper kills, a couple of round from a LMG, 2 or 3 pistol round depending on the gun, one shot gun blast etc. Haven't really tried any of the assault rifles though as I only really play Medic and Sniper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Server just crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Server just crashed.

ive restarted it should be back now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Grim. wrote: »
    ive restarted it should be back now

Still shows as dead in the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I think there is a problem with the EA master server, my rank has reverted back to 0 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've been using the shotguns constantly when playing as Recon. Way faster unlocking recon stuff than sitting on a hill miles away from the action with a sniper rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

TheFairy wrote: »
    Theres no point in having issues with anyone using any kit in the game, have a moan to yourself and move on is the best way. I do use the noob tube from time to time, and like playing the medic, however I try and not use the heavy machine guns when doing so. I've been playing medic with the G3 and it works ok for me, its not overpowered and just about right.

I feel that most weapons are still under powered. Either that or the hit reg is really ****. The number of times I've got behind someone and emptied the gun only for him to turn around and nail me is beyond a joke. As bad as the hit reg in BF2 was that never ever happened.

Maybe we should give hardcore a run on the server? It wouldn't hurt to see how it runs. I've said it before, all the game needs is a kit limiting system and it would be perfect.

Oh man. Seriously, the amount of times this happened to me last night in particular is not funny. The lads on TS must have been wishing me to SFTU lol (I was moaning quite a lot!)

Server still greyed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Server still greyed out.

from our Gsp
    Nothing confirmed yet, but it looks as though EA's Master Servers are having issues this evening.

From our internal graphs, approx 40% of BC2 Servers lost their connection to EA's Plasma back-end. This resulted in servers crashing and the players disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Theres no point in having issues with anyone using any kit in the game, have a moan to yourself and move on is the best way. I do use the noob tube from time to time, and like playing the medic, however I try and not use the heavy machine guns when doing so. I've been playing medic with the G3 and it works ok for me, its not overpowered and just about right.

I feel that most weapons are still under powered. Either that or the hit reg is really ****. The number of times I've got behind someone and emptied the gun only for him to turn around and nail me is beyond a joke. As bad as the hit reg in BF2 was that never ever happened.

Maybe we should give hardcore a run on the server? It wouldn't hurt to see how it runs. I've said it before, all the game needs is a kit limiting system and it would be perfect.

tbh all kits are nasty in the right hands:

Assault: noob tube, and you can sit back with an ammo pack and spam regular nades and 40mm, especially a pain in rush.

Engineer:carl gustav is obscene with the extra blast radius and extra rockets.
    (I feel a little dirty when I am whoring it up with this:D)

Medic: Scoped LMG is very accurate from long to medium range in the right hands and nasty at short range. A 3 medic zombie squad all with M60s can be tough to break down if they are camping a spot and have a bit of range with a clear field of fire.

Recon: a decent sniper will ruin your day from afar and then drop mortar on you after you respawn :pac: Or cover the place in C4 and wait.... Or pop out of a bush with a shotty. Hate recon on the jungle type maps :D

Which classes/kits would ye limit? They are all cheap in their own special way especially when you start tacking on the specializations. And to be fair each has their counter and all weapons can kill once you can shoot straight enough and you get the first few shots off usually until they do the terminator charge through a hail of bullets and knife you.... Knife def needs to be fixed.

Hardcore would be a change. I notice that the noob tube has no sights under hardcore! Still doesn't cut down on RPG related cheapness though.....

Lack of map and spotting makes it a good bit tougher, especially when trying to nail snipers at range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Setting server up to stream to PB Bans. Was on another server last night and there where 3 or 4 players caught hacking over a few rounds. Its clear that hacking is endemic in this game already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

First of all I aint accusing ANYONE of hacking....but with the bugs in the game I find it incredible that people actually use the ones WE HAVE CONTROL OVER.

Enough posts about this, no more from me on it. Peeps just wanna rape end off.

Setting server up to stream to PB Bans. Was on another server last night and there where 3 or 4 players caught hacking over a few rounds. Its clear that hacking is endemic in this game already.

Hope it wont make it less stable fairy? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I went to a couple of servers last night after TIG went hardcore. There was a hacker banned every game/round. Although I was lucky in that I never had an encounter with one.

I know everyone here probably knows this, but this is for those that are unaware. Those PB messages about bans are System Wide. It doesnt mean that someone has been caught hacking on that particular server you are on.

There were a few people questioning this on a server that streamed the messages the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

At the moment, I need to finish the Asualt and Medic class. Probably finish the Medic class first, and then go into Jihad mode and start killing more people with C4, etc :D

As a few people have seen, when you see me running at you flinging C4, you die.

What they don't seem to know is that if I throw C4, and you start shooting me, there's a good chance you'll hit the C4, and kill us both regardless. A few times I've put C4 onto tanks, and then gotten killed, only for some rocket to hit the C4, and me getting the points for killing the tank regardless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I know everyone here probably knows this, but this is for those that are unaware. Those PB messages about bans are System Wide. It doesnt mean that someone has been caught hacking on that particular server you are on.

There were a few people questioning this on a server that streamed the messages the other day.

That's exactly what a wall-hacker, aim-botter or map hacker would say! :pac:

Now we know why you are JUMPY....you think you are gonna get banned any minute! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Great defense there in the last game lads! Twas class!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Great defense there in the last game lads! Twas class!

Yep....excellent defending though a few minutes more and they would have had it I thought...was difficult to keep holding on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Ponster wrote: »
    Yep....excellent defending though a few minutes more and they would have had it I thought...was difficult to keep holding on.

Yeah i'd say so, love games like that one!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Now we know why you are JUMPY....you think you are gonna get banned any minute! :eek:

Now I have unlocked the Ns-2000 with the slugs and damage upgrade I feel like a cheater.
    One hit kills. Even the M95 doesnt do that without a headshot.

Sarcasim dont you just love it.......:D

If I am on tonite....I am gonna FCUK you up home-boy:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Did anyone find a way to add servers by I.P or add them to your Fav list,

I tried doing it by the gamesettings.ini but it dosent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Did anyone find a way to add servers by I.P or add them to your Fav list,

I tried doing it by the gamesettings.ini but it dosent work.

I find the most annoying thing is that once you join a server there is no way to add it to favs while you are in there.

Poxy when you find a good random server and you wished you had of added it before you joined!

Theta wrote: »
    I find the most annoying thing is that once you join a server there is no way to add it to favs while you are in there.

Poxy when you find a good random server and you wished you had of added it before you joined!

Yes, And the History dosent work :D . But EA has always had problems with its master server when they release a new game!

Also, I cant seem to find the TiG server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yes, And the History dosent work :D . But EA has always had problems with its master server when they release a new game!

Also, I cant seem to find the TiG server.

Edit your gamesettings.ini under your My Docs/BFBC 2 directory, and add these two lines at the end, replacing the last two.

FavoriteGames=544885240,aea6e37e-a693-4b2b-9dea-aa1212755eb8,[TiG] The Irish Guard BC2 Server;
    RecentGames=544885240,aea6e37e-a693-4b2b-9dea-aa1212755eb8,[TiG] The Irish Guard BC2 Server;

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

N1 Spear. Only problem is if there are EA Master server issues the Servers GUID can change, removing it from favs etc. Pain in the hole tbh!

Spear wrote: »
    Edit your gamesettings.ini under your My Docs/BFBC 2 directory, and add these two lines at the end, replacing the last two.

FavoriteGames=544885240,aea6e37e-a693-4b2b-9dea-aa1212755eb8,[TiG] The Irish Guard BC2 Server;
    RecentGames=544885240,aea6e37e-a693-4b2b-9dea-aa1212755eb8,[TiG] The Irish Guard BC2 Server;

Cheers mate,

I have done that for a few other servers, some times it works some times it dosent lol!!

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Out of interest does anyone have a positive Win/Loss Ratio as Defender?

Advertisement