Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Charc0

Are most of the guys/girls who are playing BC2 here in TiG?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Nah some are fans but most go to bed dreaming of knifing Fairy or Karma for a dog tag. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I am :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Charc0 wrote: »
    Are most of the guys/girls who are playing BC2 here in TiG?

At a guess there are about 6/7 TiG/Boards members.

d22ontour wrote: »
    Nah some are fans but most go to bed dreaming of knifing Fairy or Karma for a dog tag. :D

Ive already cleard a space on my wall to hang them ;)

But cool, im just wonderin if its better to join TiG or not. But the more I think about it I dont see why I shouldn't.... bc2 is the kinna game where a clan is gonna be very fun to be apart of.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    Doesn't matter as the EA Master server just went down.

Apparently more people than they thought bought the game on PC... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

is that what the failed to connect to EA lark is all about? hopefully this message means they are bustin a nut to get it fixed

They supposadly are putting up more account servers (might be why they are down atm) and have sent out a server patch to there partners to be applied tomorrow to stop that stupid connection error (ill beleive it when i see it.)

And they SAY they are working on a 2nd server patch over the weekend.

Is everyone sure there was a beta test or was it mass delusion. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    Official link for the info.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/933150-updates-servers-now-soon.html

Is everyone sure there was a beta test or was it mass delusion. :rolleyes:

Rush wasn't the beta i hoped for but it showed potential for conquest.EA are renowned for fookin up games regardless of pre/post launch.We all loved the memory leaks from bf2 when it came out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Fairy, Root(scrapper) and Ponster... All the old names around again....

Hows it goin lads long time no chat...

So fairy we gonna have a few friendly clan matches or what :)... Jaysus have chatted to ye since I was a bloody kid, how longs it been 2-3 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

man, didnt see wavey's posts... Im lovin seein everyone back for some action...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

All your dogtags are belong to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

karma_ wrote: »
    All your dogtags are belong to me.

cully cheapshotted me tonight, there will be vengeance :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Ive already cleard a space on my wall to hang them ;)

But cool, im just wonderin if its better to join TiG or not. But the more I think about it I dont see why I shouldn't.... bc2 is the kinna game where a clan is gonna be very fun to be apart of.

AFAIR you dont just decide to join TiG.

Fairy needs to have his way with you first. Then Karma will quiz you on ecumenical matters.
    Then if you can land a nade on somebody's head from 200 metres while D22 is screaming over TS then you are in.

This may have changed.

It would be great to see a game that can draw the players the way the earlier BF's did. BFBC now and hopefully 1943 later in the year.

I have a new pc on order but need to figure out where I can put it so that I can use TS without waking the little man. I have him gaming early with the online Fisher Price games.
    TIP: Yoghurt covered hands and keyboards dont get on.

Happy Friday,

Wavey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

We are always open to new members, especially now theres a new BF game. No major requirements for joining other than the ability to give as good as you get on TS, and a decent sense of humour will definitely help.

All older former members welcome back also.

The only thing stopping me from applying to TiG right now is that my flatmate is sleeping atm (he didnt sleep last night due to BC2 unlocking on steam :rolleyes:) and ill have to be bringing him in with me if im too join.

Im pretty sure he will do but Ill have to wait an see what he says.... dont worry hes irish too!

I think we will have good craic playing with you lads, sense of humour is not gonna be a prob I think ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

i applied there myself, should be a laugh alright

karma_ wrote: »
    All older former members welcome back also.

FU i got Data culled and shall relish every one of your dog tags in some sort of Predator showcase of TIG dog tags........ :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dreamers75 wrote: »
    cully cheapshotted me tonight, there will be vengeance :mad:

me? never :):D

I think we will have good craic playing with you lads, sense of humour is not gonna be a prob I think

Just abuse us on TS and your sorted :D

Efioanaes wrote: »
    me? never :):D

I was filling your teammate with hot PKM led and you stabbed me.

there will be vengenace ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Working again, come play! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

gg's Gaunty

Aye, i enjoyed that. :) Was first time tonight that the squad i was in actually worked together. Was great fun trying to hold on to that C objective. Overall what a great game, round length is a little short and that bloody horn that goes off when round is nearly over being the only drawbacks for me so far!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

jaysus TiG... welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

o/ We where never away! Guys our server is pretty much 24/7 full at the moment, however we have no probs making room for boards.ie members and clan members.

Best way to get in is to join our Teamspeak, please use push to talk though, and ask and we will open a slot for you.

Whats the ts details for your server lads?

Edit - nvm, got it off your website. :)

excellent game, great server.

have to eat be back on in a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Hmmm I cant seem to find it - would love to play with a few locals! :) Tried searching for "tig","[tig]","irish" etc. - nothing. any suggestions?

cianr wrote: »
    Hmmm I cant seem to find it - would love to play with a few locals! :) Tried searching for "tig","[tig]","irish" etc. - nothing. any suggestions?

sort the master list by name, scroll down to the [ servers and add TIG to your favourites by clicking on the little arrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Had some great games there on the TIG server this afternoon. Its such a difference from the public servers where everyone just runs around like headless chickens :rolleyes:

Do you guys do RUSH at all? Conquest gets a bit boring after a while imo.

Advertisement