Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

add me in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well the difference between me and you is I am ALWAYS in the field of battle, right in the middle of it. The amount of times I get knifed in the middle of a firefight is cruel. So its not really that hard to knife me when I am running around helping my team like a mad eeejeet......

Then there are SOME that are across the map...firing highly exsplosive projectiles @ INFANTRY for EASY KILLS

Nuff said.

Your trying to say I am not in the thick of the fight? :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

jesus i joined the server at about 11 and then everyone left after the map ended. so i went back to the searching for a uk server.

was great to be on the server, more please!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FJFF

Had a wee play there for like 5mins today, i have never seen so many CG's :/

i cant seem to find a decent server atm, the favorites and history browser seem to be flaky one min all the servers are in black then there greyed out??

TiG server is full for the last hour:( and i cant get a decent 32 player conquest game going:(

usually looking for a uk server ill try in a bit i guess:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Scram wrote: »
    i cant seem to find a decent server atm, the favorites and history browser seem to be flaky one min all the servers are in black then there greyed out??

TiG server is full for the last hour:( and i cant get a decent 32 player conquest game going:(

usually looking for a uk server ill try in a bit i guess:(

Well you were on TiG for a good while tonight Fuzzy, hope you enjoyed yourself!! My gaming was constantly disturbed by the missus talking to me and the baby just now wanting her bottle!!

They should realise I'm doin important stuff!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

OMG...You are one to talk DUBS....I was in such a firefight last night at a crtical stage and you were waffling the ears of me on Teamspeak for 10mins about bugs in win7.....

I must have died more times in them mins then the whole round.....:rolleyes:

Well you were on TiG for a good while tonight Fuzzy, hope you enjoyed yourself!! My gaming was constantly disturbed by the missus talking to me and the baby just now wanting her bottle!!

They should realise I'm doin important stuff!! :p

yes i had to wait an hour to get on as it was full but it was worth the wait:)
    Great couple of games very intense!

Yeah Fuzzy....you were in my squad all night....super job we were doing. Every round we were getting best squad pins. Running amuck we were, along with that Lafortezza player...very good he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Yeah Fuzzy....you were in my squad all night....super job we were doing. Every round we were getting best squad pins. Running amuck we were, along with that Lafortezza player...very good he is.
    :D I was loving the map rotation last night, and for most of it the teams were pretty close. I still hate Nelson Bay for some reason though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

GG Tonight lads

2 knobs stat padding on the server tonight. Eigen & Kensmooth.

Kicked them both, and when they rejoined (twice I might add!), their scores were nicely Zeroed :D

Dubs is the new sheriff in town....no more messing or you a DEAD MAN WALKING......;);)

Be back on tonite.....back playing FSX & L4D2...man I love that game....hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

L4D2...man I love that game....hehe

Played the passing with a few mates. Its very short. only took us 15 mins to complete.

Dear god I'm playing badly the last two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

You'll get no sympathy here my friend! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

R0ot wrote: »
    Dear god I'm playing badly the last two days.

Me too, I was going to ask people on whatever server did they notice anything about hit detection or lag spikes. I've emptied magazines at point blank without effect on a couple of occasions.

Also a tig member had me knifed good, it failed to register. Must have been twice before I saw him in the knife animation, and I got the kill. Thats a bit crap.

Also a tig member had me knifed good, it failed to register. Must have been twice before I saw him in the knife animation, and I got the kill. Thats a bit crap.

Well that's a graphic error from what I've seen, I can't count the number of times i've seen blood spray only to miss completely according to the game. Also since the patch I could be right beside a stationary enemy and miss with the knife, they then hear this and turn round and knife you. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

R0ot wrote: »
    Well that's a graphic error from what I've seen, I can't count the number of times i've seen blood spray only to miss completely according to the game. Also since the patch I could be right beside a stationary enemy and miss with the knife, they then hear this and turn round and knife you. :mad:

Gettin the same myself :mad: don`t knife much but standing right behind an enemy saw blood spray twice,he turns and looks at me like rambo and dead !! Last nite on the BC server had a sniper dead in my sights let off a few rounds only for him to disappear from view and appear 6 yards to the right 1 shot and I`m dead.

ROot are you on wireless these days ?

Me too, I was going to ask people on whatever server did they notice anything about hit detection or lag spikes. I've emptied magazines at point blank without effect on a couple of occasions.

That may have been me!

Its constantly happening since the update, really bloody annoying. I'll even notice I'll get the odd knife kill when not even facing the player.

I have noticed a few lag spikes myself also.

I keep getting disconnects from the EA server lately too - really bloody annoying, especially when having a good round, only to rejoin and your score set to a big fat 0. :mad:

Does anyone know if your score up until the point of disconnect (be it form the EA server, or maybe idle) still gets recorded, even though when you rejoin your score is reset?

• Advertisement

You deffo dont get the points....well not before anyway. I remember when we had them mad points (10,000 Combat not even bonus) and got disconnected never got any!!!!

But the knife is terrible...I notice that if you are near them and just swipe it does not register....but if you RUN at them in a straight line 9/10 times it hits.

Fairy jumped off the mountain top last night and was in air for about 3 secs before landing a glancing blow to my temple!!! GRRRRRRR:mad: STABBED!

Gettin the same myself :mad: don`t knife much but standing right behind an enemy saw blood spray twice,he turns and looks at me like rambo and dead

Good games on the [EC] server last night mate.....;)

You deffo dont get the points....well not before anyway. I remember when we had them mad points (10,000 Combat not even bonus) and got disconnected never got any!!!!

But the knife is terrible...I notice that if you are near them and just swipe it does not register....but if you RUN at them in a straight line 9/10 times it hits.

Fairy jumped off the mountain top last night and was in air for about 3 secs before landing a glancing blow to my temple!!! GRRRRRRR:mad: STABBED!

I have noticed the knife becoming less effective these days. I preume thats because most people have the ceramic body armour unlocked and the knife doesnt work against it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Theta wrote: »
    I have noticed the knife becoming less effective these days. I preume thats because most people have the ceramic body armour unlocked and the knife doesnt work against it?

There's a bug acknowledge by Dice about stabs not registering, apparently as a result of changes they made in SP affecting MP.

It's already cost me a gold tag (though I stabbed the same gold tag guy twice otherwise in the round).

I was hoping they may have changed it though :( I did get promoted during a round last night, then lost connection to the EA server, but when I rejoined, I still had my new rank?? So I'm wondering if they fixed it somewhat, that your points still register.

Still bloomin annoying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah has been a bit dodgey for me lately but I still managed to stab Wonda about 3 or 4 times last night, good times :D

Spear wrote: »
    There's a bug acknowledge by Dice about stabs not registering, apparently as a result of changes they made in SP affecting MP.

It's already cost me a gold tag (though I stabbed the same gold tag guy twice otherwise in the round).

I was wondering because it was only happening with certain people so I assumeed it was the armour.

I was stabbing a guy for a good 20 seconds the other night and nothing! Pain in the arse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Theta wrote: »
    I was wondering because it was only happening with certain people so I assumeed it was the armour.

I was stabbing a guy for a good 20 seconds the other night and nothing! Pain in the arse.

It seems to mostly when stabbing from behind, so stab them in the face and it should be okay (for about as much as stabbing someone in the face can be.)

Yeah has been a bit dodgey for me lately but I still managed to stab Wonda about 3 or 4 times last night, good times :D

LMAO....lets just say if you were a biscuit you would be a "JAMMY DODGER"......

The amount of times I had you within an inch of ur life and then u knifed me up close it was 50-50 soooo many times and you won them all....HAXXXX

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    so stab them in the face and it should be okay

Quote of the week!

Ah but you can sneak up behind cheeky snipers then and stab them in the back!

Advertisement