Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would rather stab one "Cowardly Sniper" then 5 soliders in the thick of it....its so nice to kill one especially when they dont turn around so have NO IDEA what just happened.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I would rather stab one "Cowardly Sniper" then 5 soliders in the thick of it....its so nice to kill one especially when they dont turn around so have NO IDEA what just happened.....;)

Its great if they have been there for awhile taking pot shots at people from miles out!

TBH, Any sniper that gets a kill and does not move is a bad sniper!!! Anytime I get a kill I move end of.....and not only that I move in a different direction to the way I want to initially coz the kill cam shows the moments directly after the kill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

TBH, Any sniper that gets a kill and does not move is a bad sniper!!! Anytime I get a kill I move end of.....and not only that I move in a different direction to the way I want to initially coz the kill cam shows the moments directly after the kill!!!

Thats standard tactics in real life for a sniper isnt it? Take a shot and move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

R0ot wrote: »
    Well that's a graphic error from what I've seen, I can't count the number of times i've seen blood spray only to miss completely according to the game. Also since the patch I could be right beside a stationary enemy and miss with the knife, they then hear this and turn round and knife you. :mad:

yeah the knifing in the game is really messed up!
    ive knifed people through walls without even meaning to!
    but when i knife someone standing still it doesnt work :confused:

i even knifed a guy through a door that i was trying to cut down to get into the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Good games last night. Got a poor K/D ratio, but I blame it on people jumping in front of me suddenly. Got a ferw nice C4 kills, and it's always fun when aiming at someone to see someone "appear" next to them. Double kill with an RPG ftw :D

As for knife kills, I've gotten some, but mainly I miss htem, and get killed, so I just shoot at them with an RPG. I die, but they also die.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

the_syco wrote: »
    Good games last night. Got a poor K/D ratio, but I blame it on people jumping in front of me suddenly. Got a ferw nice C4 kills, and it's always fun when aiming at someone to see someone "appear" next to them. Double kill with an RPG ftw :D

Ket gettin me with that n00b tube of yours, grr!!!!:p

Though I went on a 40mm 'nade spree for a while, double kills r'us last night lol

Mostly went to waste though, as I kept getting disconnected from the EA maser server :mad:

Time to go back to rush and conquest me thinks.....only on far a quick game last night. But should be an all nighter tonite off work tomorrow.....so shoe polish on the cheeks (my face lol) tooth pick in the mouth and TALLY HO!!!

Got myself more gold tags last night :D:D Not on our server though, it was totally empty :(

Anyone getting bored with the current small map list?

We seriously need new maps!

Well the most complaints I get (and I mean directed to me) is that the server before SQDM was that when peeps defend a map they seem to be defending for the night, as in it does not rotate the attack then defend like previous server settings.

I suppose it can be really annoying defending all night, and peeps do actually leave the server. But the last few nights the server is very slow, I bet it is greyed out for most peeps since the update. If this is the case you have to delete the server fav. and re-add after EVERY PATCH.

• Advertisement

Well the most complaints I get (and I mean directed to me) is that the server before SQDM was that when peeps defend a map they seem to be defending for the night, as in it does not rotate the attack then defend like previous server settings.

I suppose it can be really annoying defending all night, and peeps do actually leave the server. But the last few nights the server is very slow, I bet it is greyed out for most peeps since the update. If this is the case you have to delete the server fav. and re-add after EVERY PATCH.

I might have a look at the server setings later on (if fairy doesn't mind) WolfCon has a myriad of controls for map rotation, game type etc - so we can maybe take a vote as to which maps / game types people want to see?

I'll start a new thread with a vote, and leave it run until this evening, and we'll chose the top 4 choices - sound fair enough to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah I found this quite true, I seem to always end up as a defender on every rush map. Doesnt bother me that much but when your getting your ass handed to you as the opposition steamroll through the mcom stations it does get tedious.

Well the way it should be IMHO is that you defend and try your best to stop the attack. If you fail you try to better the time and try to do it quicker.....a bit like the way Left 4 Dead series works....you get opposing tries to do the same level as attack and defend so to speak.

The way the server is set up now is you defend a map, when its over its a totally new map and you defend again and so on....its not ideal.

callmeal,

You are sooooo on my hit list tonite....better do that girly jump every 5 secs or so.....you are going down....I am in ONLINE GAMER MODE BABY.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6JKP_W_HGY

LMAO....Alcoholic Seamen Thrower!!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65643387#post65643387

Vote away guys!!

Wonda - I'm sure there's a server setting to switch attack / defend each round. I'll check it out when I get home later

callmeal,

You are sooooo on my hit list tonite....better do that girly jump every 5 secs or so.....you are going down....I am in ONLINE GAMER MODE BABY.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6JKP_W_HGY

LMAO....Alcoholic Seamen Thrower!!!!

Oh its on...

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Hey guys, I doubt anyone remembers me but I've been hanging around Irish BF servers since 1942, I even admin'd a games*.iol.ie Desert Combat server at one stage. I also used to do quite a lot of lanning and DC and BF2 was my game of choice.

I've seen some names that I remember in TIG and I've been having lots of fun on your server. My tag is Beatington will probably see you guys in game soon :)

Yeah mate I seen you on the [TiG] server loads...and also a Lord Beatington is it the same person???

Anyway, join my squ;)d when on mate....

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

That's me! I thought it was funny at one stage, I'd prefer to be called Lord Beatington but then I thought that using a fake clan name might be considered lame so I dropped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

i was going to put the boards.ie as my tag but it wont fit:(

• Advertisement

LOL.....

If no clan just put WTF.....hehe ;)

Maybe its just me but the last few nights I have checked the TIG server and it shows as 0 people connected, not greyed out but online and nobody connected. So last night I decided to connect then when I got on there was 9 other people there!? So either all those people connected at the same time or there is something weird going on with my favourites? Might be something to do with the R11 release though?

Maybe its just me but the last few nights I have checked the TIG server and it shows as 0 people connected, not greyed out but online and nobody connected. So last night I decided to connect then when I got on there was 9 other people there!? So either all those people connected at the same time or there is something weird going on with my favourites? Might be something to do with the R11 release though?

I think its just been a bit empty the last few nights. When there's people on, its showing for me ok.

Though if you've left the server browser open a while, it may not have updated to show 9 people on?

Had one of my best ever rounds last night 54-12 KD, 7200~ combat points, a good few awards, for a 22,500~ round.

Was quite happy with myself!

I got fairy with the drill last night, lmao! He then proceeded to hunt me down and kill me 3 times in a row. Still worth it though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Doesnt count Al! I was on the UAV at the time ya bast! :p

I think its just been a bit empty the last few nights. When there's people on, its showing for me ok.

Though if you've left the server browser open a while, it may not have updated to show 9 people on?

Had one of my best ever rounds last night 54-12 KD, 7200~ combat points, a good few awards, for a 22,500~ round.

Was quite happy with myself!

Its amazing what you can do with a CG dubs.....innit!!!!

Only taking the piss, have been AWOL the last few nights....will be on tonite for a few rounds.

Its amazing what you can do with a CG dubs.....innit!!!!

Only taking the piss, have been AWOL the last few nights....will be on tonite for a few rounds.

Can't remember if I noobed at all actually! Maybe a couple (tanks).

Was a good 'ol night for the score though :)

I'll be on tonight after footie and food

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I like the Tig server but you need to keep the teams even, tonight Arica Harbour Conquest one team had +3 players for one whole side, ending up in +80 or so team score/tickets, and complete spawn rape.
    Couple of people including me asked for people to even the teams, no joy. There's no point saying that auto-balance will sort it, why not just switch teams when you die? Makes the game more enjoyable even if it might mess up your precious k:d ratio :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 crazydavey

lafortezza wrote: »
    I like the Tig server but you need to keep the teams even, tonight Arica Harbour Conquest one team had +3 players for one whole side, ending up in +80 or so team score/tickets, and complete spawn rape.
    Couple of people including me asked for people to even the teams, no joy. There's no point saying that auto-balance will sort it, why not just switch teams when you die? Makes the game more enjoyable even if it might mess up your precious k:d ratio :rolleyes:

Exactly, same here, i like playing on an irish populated server ,im not sure what the issue is from a server admin point of view ?, ye have no issue kicking people for no reason, yet cant do a simple balance ??

• Advertisement

lafortezza wrote: »

The auto balance is set to run after a specific amount of time. It does even up the teams, so a whole round would never have passed with unbalanced teams.

And in fairness, a lot of people start to leave when their team are close to losiing for whatever reason, which accentuates the balance issue.

And in that situation, I don't see why others should be punished because some idiots don;t want their win/loss ruined :rolleyes:

We generally do swap players around when the teams start to get unbalanced, but the auto does a reasonable enough job of it. At the rate peopel start to leave at times, we'd be left doing nothing but swapping people around the place - and thats just a pain in the ar$e.

Blame DICE/EA, not TiG

Advertisement