Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Guard BC2 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

crazydavey wrote: »
    Exactly, same here, i like playing on an irish populated server ,im not sure what the issue is from a server admin point of view ?, ye have no issue kicking people for no reason, yet cant do a simple balance ??

yeah love the server too, but im afraid from what ive seen every server out there has the same problem. the Auto balance just insnt very good.

i love a good game, you know where both teams are 50:50 for the game but most likely one team is way ahead of the other team in skill or rank or etc.

Ive noticed that the the auto-balance is very slow at kicking in to help the other team with less players. i know for a fact that this is not TiG's fault but the way the server code is designed. ive seen it happen many many times on other servers.

People wanna win basic reaction, they switch teams after a bit. im so fed up of this happening that now i do it. heck i just want a "Good game" a fair game 50:50.

of course its not possable but its what we all want i think at least. Great game tonight from the TiG server until it quietened down:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

And in that situation, I don't see why others should be punished because some idiots don;t want their win/loss ruined :rolleyes:
    How is it punishment if a Tig player joins the weaker side who are stuck in spawn (and have 3 less players)? His k:d might get worse? Small price to pay for a better game for all players. Gives the server a good reputation too, as one where the admins will try to keep things fair.

I agree it's a problem with so many servers, but it's possible to keep it at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lets get a few things straight......

This is not a regular occurance on the [TiG] server for a start....and there is always gonna be an unbalance through out the whole game. Auto balance only works if someone dies...so if peeps leave as it working it will not work.

As soon as it was pointed out about the teams I responded, and there was only one point I seen the teams with 3 players in the difference and that was at the end. My side had player short too as the round played it just cannot be helped......there is not stacking with the [TiG].... Dublin, Fairy and myself were on the server last night with 4/5 people and were on the same side last night since the server filled! So from 8ish onwards we were there messing around....

Also I am not switching sides at the end just to make up numbers especially if I am on the the other side for 3/4 of the round it just makes all the work seem for nothing. At the start or as the round is in its infancy no problem.

Yes it is a problem that can be fixed, so are the noobs with the CG hitting infantry but they still dont give a ****......

But I will do my best to make the games even when on...no probs.

Also, I would like to congratulate FAIRY on becoming a DUB....The moans and curses from him last night he could have been one of us.....LMAO.

QUOTE"""****in snipers high....Grrrrrr....I would love to kick the lot of them.....Grrrrr.....****in gustav bastards.....grrrrrr"

LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Fair enough, I agree the Tig server is one of the better ones I've found for an even and fun game.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Also I am not switching sides at the end just to make up numbers especially if I am on the the other side for 3/4 of the round it just makes all the work seem for nothing. At the start or as the round is in its infancy no problem.
    But I will do my best to make the games even when on...no probs.
    These two don't really seem to match up tbh.
    I guess you have to balance up keeping the teams even as an admin/clan member on your own server VS wanting to be rewarded for playing well, owning the other team, and winning the round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Its a pain in the arse constantly trying to keep an eye on this and enjoy the game. With conquest its not as huge an issue if theres a slight imbalance as it normally fixes itself fairly quickly. With Rush I tend to keep a closer eye on it. I'll have a look and see why the balance is working like it should be, it may well be the case that no one got killed so no one changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

When I'm on the TIG server I would generally always change team to even things up, couldnt care less about k/d or w/l ratios. I found that the TIG guys usually very good at keeping things even as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

When I'm on the TIG server I would generally always change team to even things up, couldnt care less about k/d or w/l ratios. I found that the TIG guys usually very good at keeping things even as well

Genreally yeah, but when you're constantly switching people, mixing team up to keep it balanced, as Fairy said, it becomes a PITA.

You can end up administering more playing.

There is a 'scramble' teams option, which is probably the fairest way of doing it, but people will end up leaviung if they're constantly switched.

We usually ask the last player to join / player with lowest score to switch to the side with the least players.

And for the record...I am not a server admin I leave that to the brains of the operation.

lafortezza wrote: »
    Fair enough, I agree the Tig server is one of the better ones I've found for an even and fun game.

These two don't really seem to match up tbh.
    I guess you have to balance up keeping the teams even as an admin/clan member on your own server VS wanting to be rewarded for playing well, owning the other team, and winning the round.

As in if the round is uneven at the start I will play on any side I dont care...I actually like playing against the [TiG] player as we get a laugh on TS....but as I said I am not switching at the end of a match just to make up numbers its pointless.

And you will get a good K : D even on a bad side also....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Where is everyone lately? You can't have all hit rank 50 by now.

Spear wrote: »
    Where is everyone lately? You can't have all hit rank 50 by now.

Don't know! I wasn't on yesterday, but was on Saturday & Friday and haven't really seen anyone on since Wednesday / Thursday :(

Its very quiet on the Western Front indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Don't know! I wasn't on yesterday, but was on Saturday & Friday and haven't really seen anyone on since Wednesday / Thursday :(

Its very quiet on the Western Front indeed...

I think EA need to release some new maps soon. I think its reaching the opint where people are starting to get a bit tired of some of them!

Theta wrote: »
    I think EA need to release some new maps soon. I think its reaching the opint where people are starting to get a bit tired of some of them!

+1

I want new maps too :(

+1

I want new maps too :(

Urgh Port Valdez is the most annoying one. Having played it over and over again in the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Urgh Port Valdez is the most annoying one. Having played it over and over again in the demo.
    Aye. Most servers seem to empty when it comes on.

TBH....getting a bit tired of the game now....yeah the maps are a tad boring but alot of steam friends I have been talking to on STEAM (alot of them play on [TiG]) are getting pissed off with the way the game is being played....i.e tanks camping and hitting Mcoms for the whole round....server map rotation and auto balance....etc etc Not just on our server btw.....

I was about to log on for a few games and then could not be arsed...so I was playing Assassins Creed II. Will be on tonite for a game.....

See you all laterz....

Inf only is on the way. BF2 Inf only was by far the better game type for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

infantry only, and no gustav rockets!

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    no gustav rockets!

+1 on this

• Advertisement

Well we can change the server to Inf only Rush if you want. In fact I'll sort this now and be on for games later! Scratch that it only supports 8 players. SIGH!

Infantry only....that will sort the men from the boys.....

MAJOR +1 :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

TheFairy wrote: »
    Inf only is on the way.

Jesus I hope its sooner rather than later before the game dies a death.Its definately no BF2/Nam/1942/DC.

Well I'm not a huge fan of infantry only - well, I'm neither for or against it! I do like the dynamics vehicles give, but there needs to merely be less of them on some maps.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

was on a server tonight that prevented baserape, RPG spam, tankcamping and such, or they would get kicked. First time I enjoyed BC2 in a few weeks

Do you know what server it was m8? I would be sooooo there!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A server called Irish Pirates or something vaguely like that. Anyways, was on TiG there for an hour or so, then a really crappy map popped up, and the server half emptied. 'Nuff said

Yeah it emptied very quickly....I left when my game crashed to desktop and could not be arsed coming back in as I was winning when I left....ffs......also I was on the "weaker" side last night for 3 rounds and we were down 2 players nearly 100% of the time.....not a peep out of the others who were moaning here last week about equal teams....guess it does not matter when they were running amuck last night.....:rolleyes:

I will have to have a word in fairy's ear about the maps coz something not right with the server.....

See you on laterzzzzzzzz

Yeah it seemed to empty when white pass came on I think.

All the TiG guys left then it emptied out I think.

• Advertisement

Yeah it seemed to empty when white pass came on I think.

All the TiG guys left then it emptied out I think.

Hmm, I like White Pass :)

I was heading to bed then anyway, and a few of the others had left, not sure if it had anything to do with the map.

Advertisement